What's new

What's going on with SpongeBob? (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Did they change writers or something? In the past couple of weeks, I have caught some SpongeBob episodes that I haven't seen before and I think they are new.

Something isn't right with these new episodes. They have changed 'attitudes'. Squidward is suddenly not as testy as he used to be and SpongeBob isn't nearly as silly and has very little to say. The personalities seem to have changed.

The writing doesn't seem to be as 'sharp' as it was in the past. Is this due to the movie coming out? or did someone leave?

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
As far as I know, there's been only one new episode in the past three months: "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler."

My daughter, who is up on these things, says there's just one more unaired episode in the can, and they will make more only if the movie is well-received. (Though I find that unlikely since Nick has all but disavowed to produce its own animation anymore.)

Did you know that the show's creator, Steve Hillenburg (sp?), is an oceanographer?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Actually, last month they announced that there will be a 20-episode season 4, to debut after the movie.

That last unaired episode you mentioned will be aired right before the movie's release.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Really? I thought that there weren't going to be any new episodes other than the "new" ones that have been held back for so long.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Hmmmm..Ok. Well, I'm not sure what I saw, but something was definately "off" Oh well, maybe it was just me

David Galindo

Screenwriter

Welcome to Nickelodeon, where the first and second seasons of shows do great (Ren & Stimpy, Invader Zim, Rocko's Modern Life, etc.)...then Nick comes in and takes over, censoring and demanding more control over cartoons...and eventually ruining (Ren & Stimpy after the 2nd season) or canceling the show (Invader Zim) altogether.

I watched all of the 1st season of Spongebob and liked it, but the few 2nd and 3rd season episodes Ive seen, I kinda feel it being "off" as well.

Well, it was a good run while it lasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks