What's going on with Denon Tech Support?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gil D, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

I have been trying to reach them for the past 4 business days regarding the 5800/5803 Upgrade and Denon Link upgrades and all I get is leave a name and number and we'll call you back within 24 hours. Well each time I have done so and nothing.
    Any other company and I at least get put on a wait list and eventually get a human. Does anyone that has gone thru this process know if there is a specific contact at Denon that can help me thru this?
    I have been trying the Pinewood, NJ number listed in the registration link.
    http://www.usa.denon.com/home/DENONLINKReg.asp
    Thanks.

2. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Probably getting ready for CES, I'd imagine.

3. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Marketing I can understand, but we are talking customer service and tech support. No free trips to Vegas for those guys and gals [​IMG]

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Gil,
    Maybe they realized you purchased your 5800 from an "unauthorized" source and are screening calls via caller ID. They know they can't provide any service to you, so they're not picking up the phones.
    -- This was meant as joke. [​IMG] [​IMG] Given the current Denon warranty discussions, I needed to throw this out there. Best of luck in getting in contact with them. Finally, good luck with your '5803' upgrade.

5. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Wayne,
    Since Authorized dealers can handle the warranty repair for you, I guess Denon doesn't need to hire any humans to answer the phones.
    I have had maybe six Denon products and not one has ever needed a repair. Most of these products were purchased from a local authorized dealer, including the 5800. If the cost is only 10-15% more over mail-order then I have no problem buying locally for the extra convenience and service. The only exception seems to be with the Denon upgrades since I have to deal directly with Denon and get the same treatment you "unauthorized" guys get [​IMG]