What's Going on with DDD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bleddyn Williams, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    Right now, they seem to having a lot of problems. Here's my experience of the last few weeks....

* Ordered "Mon Oncle" & "Playtime" from them. I never got the second order confirmation, so I called them. The woman I spoke to said they had no stock to hand, but it didn't mean they wouldn't get more. I tried to explain that the titles seemed to be out of print, so people were rushing to pick them up, but she didn't seem to get it, just encouraging me not to cancel the order. She started going on about "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."(!!??)

That night, I managed to score copies from a local Borders. I called the next morning to cancel, and the rep found that yesterday's woman had actually cancelled my order without telling me, despite going on about how it was worth keeping it open!!

* Also preordered "Curse of the Demon." A week went by, no second email. It has not shown up in my order history. I emailed customer service last Thursday, and have still not received a reply.

I've had a lot of good experiences with DDD, and hope they sort themselves out, but by god, they've been unimpressive lately.

Bleddyn

2. LisaH

LisaH Stunt Coordinator

I'm having the same problem with The Simpsons Season 2. It's been on order since the 6th, and I have had no word on it.

3. Ed Faver

Ed Faver Second Unit

I find DDD to be spectacularly inconsistent. I recall receiving the first Simpsons set the Saturday before the street date. Others are more than a week late. I ordered LOTR, both the 2 disc & the 5 disc sets. Got separate e-mails acknowledging the orders. Later, when I checked my account only the 5 disc set was in my queue. That was no biggie, I was happy to buy it B&M and have in hand on 8/6.

My rule on DDD is: if I really, really want the title and want it ASAP, I don't buy it at DDD. If it's a price issue, DDD is worth considering.

4. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    Following up to my first post -
    I just called DDD, and sure enough, my "Curse of the Demon" order isn't in their system at all. As I received the auto confirm, it shows that somehow the order was lost from their system.
    I reordered the title over the phone. This wait isn't going to kill me, but if you have outstanding orders that haven't shown up in your history, it is probably a good idea to call and find out if they have your order at all!
    [​IMG]