What's new

What's going on with Blues Traveler? (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know what the status of this band is? IMO they put out some of the best music of the late 80's/early 90's with their first three releases, got a bit commercial with their fourth album (which made them big stars), then fell flat with their fifth "Straight on till Morning". Now, after the death of their bassman, Bobby Sheehan, I haven't heard a whisper of whether they are planning to release a new studio album in the future, who've they've got on bass now (if they've even got any new members) and what's going on with them.

Anyone got any info? Seems a shame to have this band just fade away, especially after John Popper seemed to get his life under control with the drastic weight loss.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I haven't heard it yet, but I do remember liking them when I saw them live a year or two ago, when they did play some new stuff.

I think they're the type of band that if you like some of their material, you can like all of it. It doesn't really change much.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
I liked Straight On Till Morning, as well as their earlier material, but couldn't get into Bridge (their most recent album) at all. You could always check your local library to see if they might have it. I've seen it in mine, and I kind of wish I would've checked it out before I spent my $15 on it. ;)

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
they did release a live cd not too long ago[i forgot the name of it but it was on the artist direct label]it's not a bad disc btw

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks