what's enough?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yoon Lee, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Yoon Lee

Yoon Lee Stunt Coordinator

I've started my HT system with Energy Take 5, and I've been upgrading system. Now, B&W 604s3 and CDM7NT are on the table. Yes, they're in different classes. If I go with 604s3, I'll be settling with my Denon 3802. (Hopely [​IMG]) Otherwise, I'm gonna have to go through all the way to seperates... I'm no audiophile, and I don't know where I have to stop, or rather, when I can stop...

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

As I see it there are two reasons to stop.

No money left.

You aren't hearing a difference.

When either of those reasons stops you varies greatly from person to person.

3. Steve_Ma

Steve_Ma Second Unit

Well put, Dustin. Cuts right to the heart of the issue for many of us.

4. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

Well I for one think most audiophiles--if they were completely honest about it--would admit that they stopped hearing a difference several upgrades ago.

--Steve

5. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Since you started with energy take 5 and are upgarding, do you happen to have any spare energy take 5 speakers...I'm looking to get an energy take 5 set...

Thanks,

-ELmO

6. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

For some guys it's always about the "chase" not what they actually catch [​IMG] I'm talking about HT stuff....
    My approach is to decide what my goals are and then buy/build a system that can meet those goals. I wanted 7.1, deep/thundering bass, loud & clean speakers, and simplicity. Basically I want to spend more time on the couch than in stores/on-line shopping, etc...
    I ended up with:
    Klipsch KLF-30's, 20's, 10's + 10 CC
    DIY dual Tempest sonosub
    Still using old RCA 36" TV
    basic DTS DVD player
    5 disc CD player
    About the only thing I still want is a WS TV, but I don't have room in my current location. Also "might" consider a 5 channel amp one day, if my hearing goes and I need more power.
    While this works for me many others totally enjoy researching, auditioning, and buying the next upgrade, always looking for something that will take them to the next level...

7. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer