What's new

Directors What's currently the most prized item in your DVD collection ? (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Flowers of Shanghai—this is a bare bones release and is only a couple of years old—but is wes a Christmas present from my son, who thought I needed to see the film.

He was correct.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Mine would be:

Movie: Schindler's List Gift Set.

TV: Freaks and Geeks: Yearbook Set. Best $127 I've spent.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I have the very first DVD most people ever saw, the Panasonic demo copyrighted 1996. I remember it looking awful in the store, but it looks fine on my system at home.

I was lucky enough to get the recalled Little Shop Of Horrors disc when it appeared briefly at Borders stores the week before the reissue came out.

Having a DVD recorder, and now also a computer that can make DVDs, I've made discs from old videotapes of TV broadcasts that will probably never be seen again otherwise- My favorites are CBS's weeklong 50th anniversary celebration from 1978, complete with original commercials and news updates, and the Rolling Stone Magazine 10th anniversary special from 1977 also complete with commercials.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if I have any single DVD that I'd place above the rest. I guess I would go with either the Kubrick Collection or the BRD Trilogy boxes. However I think both may be replaced by the upcoming Cassavetes box given the putrid quality of the existing DVD's of those films.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
I'll go with the Millenium Edition of Night of the Living Dead because a friend of mine made the Night of the Living Bread parody that's included on that disc.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd have to say all 11 Walt Disney Treasures volumes (I finally completed the series with Davy Crockett, thanks to Mr. Gardiner :emoji_thumbsup: ).

Also, the Image Entertainment DVD for City Lights is a prize DVD to me. It's OOP and the new MK2 DVD lacks the magnificent Carl Davis re-recording.

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
For me it's my Toy Story, Ultimate Toy Box... god I wanna work at Pixar! If not that then it's gotta be my Seventh Seal... awesome stuff, beautiful film, and some cuties in it as well.

For rarity, a couple of R2 exclusives:

Manhunter: SE
The Deer Hunter: SE
A Fish Called Wanda: SE
The Fifth Element: SE

The one's I treasure above all others:

Alien Quadrilogy
Godfather Boxset
Indiana Jones Trilogy
LOTR: EE's
Toy Story: Toy Box

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
My DVD of The Birds with Tippi Hedren's autograph on it, the local Art house had a one time showing of it in june of 2000 with Ms. Hedren in attendance and I stood in line for three hours just in hopes of getting it signed.

Plus the OOP Criterions I have like Robocop, Silence Of The Lambs, Salo, Spinal Tap & Straw Dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks