What's new

What's cooking? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I heard that but I’ve not seen them on the shows or cookbooks I have. I don’t currently subscribe to their magazines or website. I’ll have to double check my cookbooks now that I know this is a thing. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Now that I know what to look for, I find the Skillet Lasagna, a Quick Fettuccine with Bolognese, and Four Cheese pasta recipes in my Dinners for Two and 20th Anniversary cookbooks. :)

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I made pretzel hamburger buns today (first time - they are great). It was finally a bit cooler, so I grilled some burgers over oak. I did not want to cover up that lovely smoke flavor, so I served with simple shredded cabbage seasoned with salt and a bit of red vinegar. Air fryer fries on the side. I work tomorrow and this took a bit of the sting out of Sunday.
PXL_20201011_230320506.jpg
IMG_20190610_194249_1.jpg
IMG_20190202_144651.jpg
PXL_20201012_005450956.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Made "browned butter blondies". Pretty decent. I overcooked them a bit – a habitual flaw in my baking. Also, the cat started licking them – a new recurring problem with cats and cooling baked goods – so I can't take them to work.
IMG_4525.jpeg

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Those look great! How hard were the buns?

Thank you. The buns are very easy IMO. The hardest part is getting them in and out of the the simmering alkaline water without mis-shaping them. I also like that they are sturdy but tender - I dislike those "cotton candy" hamburger buns that disintegrate when you add the meat.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Somebody's gotta say it... your raw chicken looks kind of sad, Josh. Was it fully thawed when sliced? Or is that just the result of some pounding?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Somebody's gotta say it... your raw chicken looks kind of sad, Josh. Was it fully thawed when sliced? Or is that just the result of some pounding?

Pounding. A little tougher than I’d like but the cooking hides it. With babies to take care of, prep is very rushed these days :)

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Did you cut your own potatos to make these fries?

The few times I made my own fries via cutting potatos and air frying, I found they tasted a lot better than the frozen or fast food stuff.

Yes, I cut my own potatoes. I also much prefer that to the frozen.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Nothing so grand as chicken piccata, but I did second round at blondies. I doubled the chocolate chips from the original recipe and decreased my cooke time. I also did a better job, I think, at browning the butter. The initial take is that they're really good. :)

Cooling in a cat-proof manner...
IMG_4561.jpeg

The final blondies.
IMG_4563.jpeg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'd love to take you up on the offer!

Almost all those blondies are going to the office. I like baking, and am doing more of it lately. But I don't need to eat it all. So, I'm taking baked goods to work most weeks.

I was doing the same, until my co-workers started cursing my name as they stuffed their faces. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks