What's new

What's cooking? (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Kevin Hewell said:
I've only been here eleven years. How the hell do I edit posts that I already posted?
With stuff you've posted recently, you get an "edit" button in the lower right corner. For older stuff, we'll have to wait for a mod to answer back.

Not sure what the time limit is, but eventually the "edit" choice disappears and whatever you've said is out there forever.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Kevin Hewell said:
I've only been here eleven years. How the hell do I edit posts that I already posted?
Edit is available for 24 hrs. I saw the dupe and hid it.You owe a picture of a home cooked meal in penance ;)

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Had a bit of a splurge here for a family birthday. King crab, petite filet (done over charcoal), asparagus, corn-on-the-cob and baked potato.

Crab1.jpg

Crab2.JPG

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I now understand why there are jobs for "Food Stylists" and photographers.

Nothing in this entire thread looks even slightly appetizing, although the King crab photo does look pretty decent. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mmmmmmm. Cameron. They look good.

So I'm guessing those are savory pancakes (as opposed to sweet?) Is that shredded cheese on top with the green onions?

And do you have anything in particular in the risotto?

Mmmmmmmmmmm. I might be able to get the new receiver I've got my eye on if I ever make those for my wife...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes, savory, from left over, basic risotto. A bit of shredded Parmesan cheese on top.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Cheese on toast at 05:46 hours while double showings of THE THING on HD-DVD. Maybe a 3d showing of THE THING as its still the coolest sci-fi remake with cheese on toast. :P

1487678_10152682145270149_8822825275737945701_o.jpg

10655324_10152682145345149_6271587563519306898_o.jpg

10659086_10152682145500149_5168461569452827727_o.jpg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Like with most images, it's mostly about how things are lit, so direct flash is going to be a death sentence.

Here's some risotto pancakes I made awhile back. A food stylist would probably add some oily sheen to the surfaces.

I'll second Mike's yum. Those look tasty.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
All this mac and cheese talk made us decide to make that tonight, along with ATK's "Best Chicken Parmesan" recipe.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Cameron Yee said:
Here's some risotto pancakes I made awhile back. A food stylist would probably add some oily sheen to the surfaces.

Ooo that is clever, I love that idea. I've taken leftover risotto and made little fried balls or oblong croquettes with it (sometimes covered in crispy breadcrumbs), but never thought to do pancakes.

---

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (or about five years ago, whichever was more recent), I used to do some of the home video/DVD/digital distribution work on America's Test Kitchen. One of the hardest things in the world to do is watch six hours of that show in a row, nowhere near a kitchen, desperately trying not to get hungry.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The local Farmers' Market moved its location to my neighborhood. I took a walk over yesterday morning, and the Squash Lady said this alien vegetable was good for grilling. Who am I to argue with a Squash Lady?
IMG_4358.jpg
Back in Rochester, friends gave us some Gazebo Room Greek dressing to try. It's been my favorite chicken marinade since. Toss some boneless chicken breasts in a ziplock bag, squeeze in about a third of a bottle, and refrigerate for 20+ minutes before grilling.
IMG_4360.jpg
Grilled the alien squash (overdid it, alas. I'm still figuring out how to grill vegetables). Grilled the chicken breast, using my iGrill mini to hit 165F on the big piece). And some sliced tomato, just because. Pretty decent and easy dinner.
IMG_4359.jpg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Cameron's picture has really inspired me, and I'd like to make a request: Can we keep the pics in this thread to a couple per post and ONLY those that are high quality, actually in focus, tell a story and are actually something that we'd like to share with everyone and not just random pics of stuff that got nuked?

I am not calling ANYONE out specifically here, but I think we can do better. This is me with my HTF enthusiast hat on, not me with my moderator hat on, k? It's also been the request of the OP as well, let's class up this kitchen!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was actually getting a good laugh out of the microwaved, "what is THAT?" cuisine, but I'll respect the OP's wishes on this one. :)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Cameron Yee said:
I was actually getting a good laugh out of the microwaved, "what is THAT?" cuisine, but I'll respect the OP's wishes on this one. :)
+1. The words "microwave" and "cooking" must be kept mutually exclusive. Microwave is exclusively for "warming up", "defrosting", or making popcorn. No actual, credible "cooking" can be done with a microwave.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks