What's new

What's better than Fluance . . . . . (1 Viewer)

James Grasso

Agent
. . . for the price point? I've read a lot about these speakers and am very interested in them. I am replacing a bottom of the line KLH system and so anything would really be a step up, so for . . . . say . . . . within $100 of the Fluance price, what speakers are better. Bookshelf vs. floorstanding does not matter as I have 2 subs.

Dan_Fitz

Grip
I Have the fluance 5 speaker package. I really like the sound they put out. While I can not recommend any better speakers since I have not really listened to that many others, I just wanted to say that I am very happy with my purchas. I got them for about $220 shipped off ebay. ;)

JustinG

Stunt Coordinator
I'm heavily researching Fluance for my new setup. I'm either going for teh HTIB set or with teh ES-1's and 2 pair of Bipoles.

Though you can't audition these before buying, it's hard to pass up the pricing.

Also, the Fluance sales staff is very quick to reply to my emails. So that's a good start.

Alan M

Second Unit
James,I've owned the fluance sx-htb sytem for about 7 months now and they are amazing speakers for the price.When I was doing research for speakers,for the price $269(323 delivered),nothing I found in a full range tower even came close.
Many people who have much better speaker setups then the fluance,have said that,if you close your eyes and listen,they sound much more expensive then they are.Are these state of the art,of course not.
For their price point and actually,for alot more then their price,fluance speakers are an amazing deal in the world of home theater.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
so for . . . . say . . . . within $100 of the Fluance price
Which Fluance price are you talking about? One of the 5 speaker sets (toping out at $259) or building a system of all towers which can reach almost $1000.

If you're just talking about the sets then I don't know if there is much that could compete with them. I've not heard them myself but I've yet to read a negative comment from someone that bought them. Well, not directly negative anyway. There is always the "well, they aren't as good as my ______ but those cost 3x as much."

If I were going to buy one of the sets, I would get the AV HTB set. With the same midrange drivers I would think that this set would be better matched across the board. But I didn't design them, so what do I know. :b

-Dan

Alan M

Second Unit
The fluance av-htb is a good system from the reviews I've seen,but fluance will tell you that the sx-htb has better speakers,crossover,and a more rigid cabinet.The sound has been vastly improved over the av system.
Both systems are a terrific bang for your buck ,but for the $60 difference,go for the sx.

Raman_K

Auditioning
How do the Fluance 5 speaker sets compare with the Home Theater Direct Level 2s or Level 3s?

Anyone demo-ed both brands?

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks