What's better than Fluance . . . . .

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by James Grasso, May 21, 2003.

1. James Grasso

James Grasso Agent

. . . for the price point? I've read a lot about these speakers and am very interested in them. I am replacing a bottom of the line KLH system and so anything would really be a step up, so for . . . . say . . . . within $100 of the Fluance price, what speakers are better. Bookshelf vs. floorstanding does not matter as I have 2 subs.

2. Dan_Fitz

Dan_Fitz Extra

I Have the fluance 5 speaker package. I really like the sound they put out. While I can not recommend any better speakers since I have not really listened to that many others, I just wanted to say that I am very happy with my purchas. I got them for about $220 shipped off ebay. [​IMG]

3. JustinG

JustinG Stunt Coordinator

I'm heavily researching Fluance for my new setup. I'm either going for teh HTIB set or with teh ES-1's and 2 pair of Bipoles.

Though you can't audition these before buying, it's hard to pass up the pricing.

Also, the Fluance sales staff is very quick to reply to my emails. So that's a good start.

4. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

5. Alan M

Alan M Second Unit

James,I've owned the fluance sx-htb sytem for about 7 months now and they are amazing speakers for the price.When I was doing research for speakers,for the price $269(323 delivered),nothing I found in a full range tower even came close.
    Many people who have much better speaker setups then the fluance,have said that,if you close your eyes and listen,they sound much more expensive then they are.Are these state of the art,of course not.
    For their price point and actually,for alot more then their price,fluance speakers are an amazing deal in the world of home theater.

6. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

7. Alan M

Alan M Second Unit

The fluance av-htb is a good system from the reviews I've seen,but fluance will tell you that the sx-htb has better speakers,crossover,and a more rigid cabinet.The sound has been vastly improved over the av system.
    Both systems are a terrific bang for your buck ,but for the $60 difference,go for the sx.

8. Raman_K

Raman_K Auditioning

How do the Fluance 5 speaker sets compare with the Home Theater Direct Level 2s or Level 3s?

Anyone demo-ed both brands?

thx