What's new

Whats best for gaming/movies LCD,DLP or Plasma (1 Viewer)

WillLA

Auditioning
Real Name
Will Lawrence
Ok Ive read so much that my head spins. Once I think I know what I want I find out that theres something wrong with the info I got or that there's something better out there for me.

Ok Plasmas look great to me when I go to Frys or BB But I hear they suck to play video games on Due to Burn/Slow pressers.
Now DLP Great for games but I see Light flickers and Blockyness in the dark areas. plus bulb life short.
And LCD Not Sharp and I just remember ppl saying just dont do it..

I can speed up to 4K and I want 60"+, 1080p Res. HDMI....AKA the works
Any help would be great.

Thanks
Will

i dont have much experience but i can say playing fast games on my friend's 50" samsung plasma is irritating. like on guitar hero the slight delay is irritating

Adam_R

Second Unit
I have played extensively on a traditional CRT RP HDTV and now have upgraded to a DLP display.

I love the DLP although I am still working on calibration. The darks could be better and have a bit more detail. Other than that is it AMAZING. I have not noticed any "lag" at all, but have heard others complain. The new Samsung DLPs have "game mode" that speeds up processing, I assume to correct any lag issues. Again, I have not noticed any lag issues anyway. Also, no rainbow effect has been noticed by me. I think the rainbow effect is just about wiped out with the newer, faster DLP systems.

I have a Samsung HL-S5687W, which is fully 1080p capable and Xbox 360 games look PHENOMENAL on it.

The LCD's I have seen (non-RP) look pretty crappy to me at first glance. I notice ghosting and really bad loss of detail inthe dark areas. This opinion is based on the Samsung displayed as Xbox 360 kiosks. I am also bothered a great deal by the screen door effect in the RP models.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks