Whats best for gaming/movies LCD,DLP or Plasma

Discussion in 'Displays' started by WillLA, May 26, 2006.

1. WillLA

WillLA Auditioning

May 24, 2006
    Ok Ive read so much that my head spins. Once I think I know what I want I find out that theres something wrong with the info I got or that there's something better out there for me.

Ok Plasmas look great to me when I go to Frys or BB But I hear they suck to play video games on Due to Burn/Slow pressers.
    Now DLP Great for games but I see Light flickers and Blockyness in the dark areas. plus bulb life short.
    And LCD Not Sharp and I just remember ppl saying just dont do it..

I can speed up to 4K and I want 60"+, 1080p Res. HDMI....AKA the works
    Any help would be great.

2. Alex_Hutton

Alex_Hutton Extra

Feb 22, 2002
    i dont have much experience but i can say playing fast games on my friend's 50" samsung plasma is irritating. like on guitar hero the slight delay is irritating
  3. Adam_R

Adam_R Second Unit

Jul 10, 2002
    I have played extensively on a traditional CRT RP HDTV and now have upgraded to a DLP display.

I love the DLP although I am still working on calibration. The darks could be better and have a bit more detail. Other than that is it AMAZING. I have not noticed any "lag" at all, but have heard others complain. The new Samsung DLPs have "game mode" that speeds up processing, I assume to correct any lag issues. Again, I have not noticed any lag issues anyway. Also, no rainbow effect has been noticed by me. I think the rainbow effect is just about wiped out with the newer, faster DLP systems.

I have a Samsung HL-S5687W, which is fully 1080p capable and Xbox 360 games look PHENOMENAL on it.

The LCD's I have seen (non-RP) look pretty crappy to me at first glance. I notice ghosting and really bad loss of detail inthe dark areas. This opinion is based on the Samsung displayed as Xbox 360 kiosks. I am also bothered a great deal by the screen door effect in the RP models.