What's new

What's all this??? Star Wars: AOTC "lost scene"?! (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
From EW.com
''Star Wars: Episode III'' doesn't hit theaters until 2005, but that doesn't mean George Lucas fans can't get an early peek. Starting June 10, Starwars.com will unveil a site revamp -- called HYPERSPACE -- featuring a webcam on the Australian set of ''Episode III,'' breaking news, and a lost scene from ''Attack of the Clones.'' The catch? The subscriber-only service will cost true believers $19.95 a year. Fans can try out the new service for free during a special preview period from June 5-9.
For devotees who have spent sleepless nights pondering the existence of a ''lost'' action scene from ''Attack of the Clones,'' the investment should be worth it. Until now, Lucasfilm had refused to confirm or deny whether a Jedi Knights vs. attack droids battle scene had been shot, and its absence on the DVD suggested that the scene never made it past script form. ''It wasn't on the DVD because it wasn't finished at the time,'' explains Lucasfilm spokesperson John Singh.
In addition to the lost scene, subscribers can sign up for their own Star Wars e-mail address, a twice-weekly newsletter, and join exclusive chats with cast and crew. As for the webcam, which will film 12 hours a day then repeat for 12 hours, Lucasfilm reps say spoilers will be avoided by strategically moving the camera around the set. Let's just hope that doesn't mean a gripping 12-hour shot of the catering table.

Seems this is the next step now, with features like deleted scenes becoming available on the net. Isn't this the first example? I can't think of any other film company that has put deleted scenes online for pay-per-view. Personally, I'd like to see the scene but I don't care about the rest. They should have a one-time view fee, like a $1 just to watch it once.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I used to be a *huge* Star Wars fan, but now I have a much more casual interest in the series, especially the new films. I'm certainly not interested enough to spend $19.95 a year for subscriber content, most of which will finds its way onto some other Web site a couple days later.

Besides, half the fun of "spoilers" is that they're taboo. They can't be taboo if they are officially sanctioned. No, count me out. George Lucas should've tried this stunt in 1999.

EDIT:

And just to clarify:

*No Lucases were hurt in the making of this post* ;)

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
"I sense something, something I've not felt since..." Why do I sense another anti-lucas(lucas is the devil) thread in the making. I don't agree with this new subscription service, but I also will use my right not to pay for the service. It's that simple. I don't need to say "Lucas is making us do this, Or Lucas is raping my childhood" and so on. :angry:

Lafe F

Second Unit
Also, what about the deleted library scene where Obi-Wan learned more about Dooku and the lost 20 Jedi, which they didn't bother putting on the DVD?

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I used to be a *huge* Star Wars fan, but now I have a much more casual interest in the series.
Ditto. I certainly haven't lost sleep pondering any cut scenes and somehow I doubt anyone has. :rolleyes

It would be cool to see the ton of cut scenes not included on the AOTC DVD but I'm not willing to pay to have access to them.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I would pay $10 a year. But if they refuse to ALSO put up a "spoiler-cam" I'm not paying

I would pay $1 just to watch the scene tho, but I'm sure it will show up elsewhere :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am sure that within a day or so. The scene will be on all of those Napster like sites.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
I used to be a *huge* Star Wars fan, but now I have a much more casual interest in the series.
this is what i'm dreading i will say about indiana jones, after the 4th movie. i like indiana jones much better than star wars, and i would hate to see them get ruined by a silly version of a new movie.

CJ

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I will not pay that kind money ($ 19,95) simply because I like to stay spoiler free. If that is at all possible by simply avoiding the huge SW Movies thread.

Highly unlikely though

:D

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
"Lost scene"? Yeah, right.

There are no lost scenes from ATOC. They just keep making more.

-Dave

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Of course I'll have to check the free preview out, but really doubt I'll pay for a year subscription. On the other hand, it could be really cool and informative in a non-spoiler way. We'll see. :)

Galen_V

Second Unit
Actually, there was a deleted action sequence cut out of the film, which featured a Jedi attack on the droid control ship.

http://www.starwars.com/community/as...c20020718.html

"Q: Why was Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi's commando raid on the Droid Control Ship cut from the final edit of Attack of the Clones?

A:The attack on the Droid Control Ship was filmed and edited together, but never completed with final special effects. A Jedi attack force battled its way up the ship's ramp, through doorways, down halls, and into the bridge of the ship. The scene was filled with much swordplay and stunts.

The sequence was dropped from the cut because it added another story to be intercut with what already was becoming too complicated and time consuming for the climax of the movie. Including the sequence also meant time needed to set it up and resolve it while the arena battle and the Clone War land battle proceeded simultaneously.

There was lots and lots of material in each one of these sequences that needed to be trimmed. There was lots of Jedi action in the arena fight dropped, more Jango and Mace, and even at one point a battle in space with the Droid Control Ships.

All of these would have been great to see, but choices have to be made for the priorities of the storyline."

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
There are no lost scenes from ATOC. They just keep making more.
Yep --- They need to keep re-writing history. Hell, they already altered one scene on the DVD from the theatrical version. I'm sure in a few years when CG gets even better, we'll hear AOTC was only a "rough cut."

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Oh Lucas, will you never tire of milking your fans for all that they're worth.

To be honest, I'm sure all the important stuff will appear on Aint it Cool News the following day. So is there really a need to pay?

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
I'm sure all the important stuff will appear on Aint it Cool News the following day.
And then Lucasfilm will haul Harry into court the following day for reproducing copywritten material on his site ;)

The whole "no reproducing subscription content" angle is going to knock some sites for a loop...

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^^Fair enough. I was just trying to point out that this day and age, it's very hard to keep anything a secret on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks