What's new

What's all this buzz about Polk Lsi series speakers about? (1 Viewer)

eskendir

Agent
The Polk Lsi series has been getting excellent reviews by all the major AV magazines, the absolute sound, Stereophile, Goodsound, Soundstage to name just a few and by owners here on HTF and on AVS forums. Some are suggesting this are better than the Rockets and some B&W speakers. Anybody had a chance to compare these against each other? I know speakers are subjective but still would like to hear your opinions.

P.S. I have posted the same thread on AVS forum. Here is a link for those interested.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...80#post2006080

RichardH

Supporting Actor
They use that Vifa XT tweeter that is found on a number of high end speakers. The mega-buck Krell speakers use them, for example. But, so do a few models from nOrh.

I find it ironic that Polk uses a tweeter that they don't make, because they were so big on the fact that they made all their own drivers. The woofers, I'm pretty sure, are still Polk (in the new LSi series).

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Not just internet, as stated up top the mags are lovin em too. HT Mag gave em a 94 for performance and a 93 for value.

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
What's up with them? Well, Polk which has been mass-producing mediocre speakers for a while, decided to do something more up scale. Apparently they are using their very large resources for some good with the LSi line. They also are using the Vifa ring tweeter which is quite good. The prices on-line are very nice for such a good looking, well spec'ed, and well reviewed speaker. I've been reading up on speakers for months now, and LSi is among the few that I still haven't heard... but that ends TOMORROW! Yup, I finally get a proper LSi audition tomorrow, though it takes more than a 100 mile drive to do it. I'll be sure to post my honest thoughts some time in the next few weeks (vacation), but remember that everyone likes different things. You really should just go check them out yourself if you are interested. But from all indications, they seem worth looking at!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks