What's new

Whats a good S Video cable for Gamecube? (1 Viewer)

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
I got a $10 pelican model, but it doesnt seem very good. Kind of lightweight. on my HT system I use Monster. Anything like that for the Cube?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I found one that works with GameCube, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, X-Box, PlayStation, and PlayStation 2 that has S-video and composite outputs all in one cable. Forget who its by.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I bought the Pelican SVIDEO cable the other day and I think it works just dandy with my television. I saw a HUGE improvement over the regular composite cable... plus it works with 64 too :)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Besides the skunk smell, the Interact cables seem pretty good.
Mark: Interac is our debit system, they don't make cables :)

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
Besides the skunk smell, the Interact cables seem pretty good.
The Pelican cables smell kind of funny too and have a greasy feel to them. Im still out of town and without an S Vid connection on my moms TV, so I will see what it looks like when I get home.

How much to the interact run and who carries them?

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i found the skunky cables at wally word.

Graeme, oddly enough it annoys me when ppl prenounce the word interac interact, and now i am guilty of the opposite

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
I brought one from Fry's A while ago. They carry CATZ, you can read about them on planetcamecube.com. Go under hardware or assessories. A+ IMO, very nice picture. Definitley a step up from composite.

Charles

WilliamS

Agent
The Nintendo brand is probably the most reliable until Monster puts out a version...which I hear is on the horizon. I had an interact one for my Super NES and N64 and it's just as good, too.

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
Finally got home and tried it out. Looks really really nice when connected directly. I have an 11 year old 26 inch Mitsibishi in my bedroom with S-Vid/composite connections. It unfortunately accepts only one input so I had to get a pelican s-video switcher to keep my DVD player plugged in too. I'd probably live with the composite if my TV would take both. The $20 pelican switcher is very handy. When I had a Dreamcast, fumbling around switching the cables got old FAST. However, there may be a slight quality loss when using it and not having it directly plugged into the TV.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
The only S-video cable I could find for my GCN was the Mad Catz one. It seems to work really well (I'm getting a fantastic picture on my 27D201). Another good thing about the Mad Catz is that it works with GCN, PS2, and X-Box. So if you own multiple systems, it's a good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks