What's new

whats a good reciever to match outlaws amp? (1 Viewer)

Ernesto_G+

Grip
whats a good reciever to match outlaws 7100 7 ch. amp? I dont really uderstand how you do this and this would be my first time going into separtes(kinda) and dont want to get outlaws processor because I think its too expensive(and I dont have that kind of money right now) Any ways would a denon 2803 or 3803 be good? Also how are amps connected to recievers/processors?

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Ernesto,

Used 950's are frequently available on this site and others for not much more than the 3803 you are considering. But I understand if you prefer to only purchase new merchandise.

As to the receivers mentioned they would be fine with the 7100. All amps are connected to receivers/processors through interconnects which link the receiver/processor channel pre-outs to the corresponding amp channel inputs. You then simply run your speaker wire/cable from the appropriate amp speaker connectors.

I currently run an HK 310 as pre/pro with two amps: a Chiro C-300 and a Parasound 855A. Used to run an HK 510 but it developed a bad hum which looks to be related to aging caps. Will give me a nice project to work on this summer at the beach. ;)

Good Luck.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Sorry for the confusion...meant used 950's compared to the 2803. :b

Scott is quite right. If you are seriously considering the 3803 then a new 950 may be just the ticket.

BarOr

Stunt Coordinator
I looking for outlaw 950 (second hand) where can i find one?
thank you

Ernesto_G+

Grip
what about the HK7200 would this be another good reciever to cosider? Can I add separte a serparte amp to this reciever? Its about the same price as the Denon 3803.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

The H/K AVR-7200 has pre-outs which makes it another good candidate for use as a pre/pro. However, do keep in mind the following:

- The AVR-7200 has a strong amp section and a separate amp might not be required.

- The AVR-7200 is a huge receiver and might not fit on/in all racks, so check the H/K site for the dimensions prior to making a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks