whats a good reciever to match outlaws amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ernesto_G+, May 20, 2004.

1. Ernesto_G+

Ernesto_G+ Extra

whats a good reciever to match outlaws 7100 7 ch. amp? I dont really uderstand how you do this and this would be my first time going into separtes(kinda) and dont want to get outlaws processor because I think its too expensive(and I dont have that kind of money right now) Any ways would a denon 2803 or 3803 be good? Also how are amps connected to recievers/processors?

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Ernesto,

Used 950's are frequently available on this site and others for not much more than the 3803 you are considering. But I understand if you prefer to only purchase new merchandise.

As to the receivers mentioned they would be fine with the 7100. All amps are connected to receivers/processors through interconnects which link the receiver/processor channel pre-outs to the corresponding amp channel inputs. You then simply run your speaker wire/cable from the appropriate amp speaker connectors.

I currently run an HK 310 as pre/pro with two amps: a Chiro C-300 and a Parasound 855A. Used to run an HK 510 but it developed a bad hum which looks to be related to aging caps. Will give me a nice project to work on this summer at the beach. [​IMG]

Good Luck.

3. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

a NEW 950 is only $799

4. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

heck, a NEW 950 is only $799

5. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Sorry for the confusion...meant used 950's compared to the 2803. :b

Scott is quite right. If you are seriously considering the 3803 then a new 950 may be just the ticket.

6. BarOr

BarOr Stunt Coordinator

I looking for outlaw 950 (second hand) where can i find one?
    thank you

7. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

8. Ernesto_G+

Ernesto_G+ Extra

what about the HK7200 would this be another good reciever to cosider? Can I add separte a serparte amp to this reciever? Its about the same price as the Denon 3803.

9. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

The H/K AVR-7200 has pre-outs which makes it another good candidate for use as a pre/pro. However, do keep in mind the following:

- The AVR-7200 has a strong amp section and a separate amp might not be required.

- The AVR-7200 is a huge receiver and might not fit on/in all racks, so check the H/K site for the dimensions prior to making a purchase.