Whats a good price to ask for my Mits 55907 that has been calibrated

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fred DeGrandis, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Fred DeGrandis

Fred DeGrandis Stunt Coordinator

Whats a good price to ask for my Mits 55907 that has been calibrated
    Whats a good price to ask for my Mits 55907(1.5 years old) that has been calibrated by Chuck Williams?

I am moving to FP, and if I dont sell the mits, I will be using this as my bedroom TV.

Thanks,
    Fred

2. Anthony.Lin

Anthony.Lin Stunt Coordinator

... that'd make a GREAT bedroom TV [​IMG] I'd consider doing that first and foremost.

3. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Fred:

That is a tough question. I sold my Mits 55805, with 5 yr warranty (2 plus yrs remaining) and calibration for $1,500 last year. I found most local folks in Kansas City didn't know anything about HD and what the benefits (calibration) of what I was selling. What did make the sale was the warranty. Still having protection against a breakdown offered them security (plus, the Phillips warranty allows them to extend it beyond the warranty period for a fee). The best advice is to compare what a new Mits would cost and make it a sweet deal for the local consumer.

Good Luck
    Ron

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Probably between 50% and 75% of what you paid. The calibration is nice and the person buying it would thank you, but that and $0.75 would buy you a cup of coffee. [​IMG]

Regards

5. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Fred, I just sold my mits 65819 for $2800 with the 5 year service plan, I paid $3200 a year ago I thought it was a good deal for the both the buyer and me Btw it was not professionally calibrated. I am in the same boat as you are I am moving to a pj I cant wait. I will be ordering an hs10 very soon![​IMG]

Btw fred what pj did you end up going with?

Bob

6. Fred DeGrandis

Fred DeGrandis Stunt Coordinator

I am planning on the Infocus 7200 for now, although I might change my mind again next week[​IMG]