1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What's a good price on a Denon 2802/3802?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle_Y, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Kyle_Y

Kyle_Y Stunt Coordinator

What are the best prices you have seen for the Denon 2802 and 3802's? My dealers insits that he can't go below $720 for a 2802, but I have heard people saying that they have gotten 3802's for $800, is this true, from an authorized dealer? I was thinking maybe $650 for a 2802 is good, or can I gow lower? A rep from listenup.com said the lowest they could go was $720, so I was a bit disappointed.

2. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    Hi Kyle, i dont think your gonna get very low prices from an authorized dealer.
    When the 3801 came out, i got it for $870 when everyone else wanted $1200.
    My "non-authorized" dealer is great and offers a store warranty, so im not concerned. And its worked flawlessly.

3. Andrew_Cramlet

If you're into internet shopping at all, I think you could get a 3802 for under $750 w/ shipping. I went to "yahoo shopping" typed in Denon AVR-3802 and got a handfull of websites with their individual prices listed next to their name. I like going there to get a feel for what a product's going rate is. Some companies there are selling it for $699+shipping.

BUT..not everyone likes buying things online..for whatever reason. A site on Yahoo is most probably legit and secure, so you shouldn't have to worry about that. Plus you don't normally have to deal with any taxes when buying things online. However, buying something from a local vendor has its advantages too...but normally costs more.

I'd recommend you research the cost online. I'm sure you could save quite a bit of $$$.

4. Sanjay H

Sanjay H Agent

I bought the Denon 2802 more than a month ago from Brandsmart who is an authorized dealer for $620.

5. JerryW

JerryW Supporting Actor

The 2802 is $537 from AMDV.com and I think they're authorized, but I'm not 100% sure.
    luck,