What's a good price for a demo Sony 10ht

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Don A, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Don A

Don A Auditioning

A local electonics store has a Sony 10ht demo unit for sale. It needs a new lamp and has 3600 hours on the current one. they are asking $4000. now I know that I can get a new one for $3600 from projectorpeople.com.

2 things
    how can I tell how many total hours this unit has on it?
    and
    what would a resonable offer price be? I am thinking $2700 since it needs a new lamp and that right there is $500 and i can get a refurbed unit for $3200.

Thanks

Don

2. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

$2500-2700 sounds reasonable as long as it still has a full warranty.

Any dead or stuck pixels?

3. Don A

Don A Auditioning

No stuck or dead pixels. picture looks a little out of focus but I highly doubt that it has been setup up properly and the bulb needs to be replaced.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    $4000 is overpriced, add to that it has so many hours and needs a new bulb. I was coming into this thread thinking $3000 and under.

5. Don A

Don A Auditioning

well they wouldnt budge from the $4000 At first he said $5000 untill I pointed out the tag that said $4000 but they said they would include a new bulb, ohh ahh. He said that corporate must have marked it down and he didnt know aboutit. I walked out and told them that I feel sorry for the person that actually pays that price. He didnt seem to happy about that with the place full of customers.

6. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

I would say $2500 or less given the cost of replacement bulbs, hours on the unit, price of competing refurbished units, etc. To spend more than this on a used 10HT is not a good value. If you have $3000 to spend (2500 + new bulb), you should just get a refurbished unit for a little more.

Personally, I picked up a used Sony 1272 CRT with only 700 hours on the tubes for only $1200. :)

Depends on what you want, but I'd think that for $3000-ish, you can do quite well in LCD-land.

John G