What's new

What's a good movie database site? (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
A place online with easy searching and cross-referencing of actors/directors/whatever? Reviews would be good as well, but an accesable and quick to use interface would be more important. I'm sure there are tons of these online, what's the best ones?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Surely, joe meant an alternative movie database, right? Joe, member since February 22nd, 2002?

--
H - Right?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
http://www.allmovie.com/

There's one, I never use it, but there it is.
Here's a quick reason why:
Just went to AllMovie's Reese Witherspoon entry. Her filmography there does not include Freeway or The Man in the Moon. Those two movies are why I became a Reese fan.
If you read her bio on their site there are links to those two films, so why not include them in the film list? Their AllMusic site is wonderful, but for movies I think IMDB is the winner.

Wouldn't the MOVIE FORUM have been a great place for ....well, nevermind. :)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Holadem - Nope, I meant that one. I've had a printed movie guide type reference for years that I use, but I think this latest copy is 2002 and I don't want to upgrade it again. Shameful I know :D

Thanks to all...

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Right you are! I missed that, but that just makes them less user friendly in my eyes.
Then there's all this business of one to four stars and other things that take up a bunch a space:
Flags Not For Children,
MPAA Rating R
Keywords girl, hitchhiker, prison, runaway [from home], serial-killer
Themes Runaways, Flight of the Innocent, Serial Killers, Unlikely Criminals, Out For Revenge
Tones Biting, Cynical, Angry, Confrontational, Disturbing, Lurid, Raunchy
Moods

That info is for the previously mentioned FREEWAY. Seems it's rated R and it's not for children. Wow!

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Filmtracker's main competitor, and where I was employed until November of last year as a Research Coordinator is Studio Systems Inc. However they are the hardcore industry tool that not only has information about movies but also contact information for agents, clients, companies, etc.

In case you're interested, it's $425 per month per seat. However there is a simpler version with less information at your disposal called In Hollywood that goes for $49.95 per month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks