What's new

What's a good gaming chair? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Well, I moved out of college and back into my sister's house for quite awhile. I ended up putting my HT/Xbox in the basement, but I don't have a good seat to play games in. I'm now using a highly uncomfortable collapsable chair that sucks. So of course I need a good, comfortable, low priced chair to use to play my xbox and watch movies. Any suggestions? It would be even better if it had an ottoman too.

Thanks!

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Someone, on one of those "Show us your video game set-up" threads, either here or at DVD Talk a while back, showed pictures of their "Polymorphic Poof" chairs they had in their theatre, and it looked really comfy:

(Cute girl not included)

I don't have one myself, but would like to get one sometime. They've got several different sizes, with a whole mess of different colors and fabrics, and I believe they're supposed to be much more durable than normal bean-bag chairs. They even have other "poof" furniture, like pillows and couches.

www.not-a-beanbag.com

Anyone else have one of these things?

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Matt, those chairs look perfect. I think I'm going to order the large Poof chair. Thanks for the link!!

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Matt, those chairs look perfect. I think I'm going to order the large Poof chair. Thanks for the link!!
Hey, no problem! Post your impressions after you've had it for a little while, will ya? I'd like to eventually get one myself, but haven't heard much in the way of testimonials for them, outside of that one guy in that one thread.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I've got one of those polymorphic poof bean bags. Get the BIGGEST size possible for comfort, but for my old college dorm medium was jsut about the right size (maybe a little too big for the cramped area).

Royal blue Medium. Problem is there is no neck support so you'll be adjusting yourself a lot. My friend has this huge bean bag that is really comfortable, I just sent her an email asking where she got it from...

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
if you want a REAL good gaming chair get a standard recliner and wire it up with bass shakers from parts express. If you don't like the rumble feature with your controller than this wouldn't be for you.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
if you want a REAL good gaming chair get a standard recliner and wire it up with bass shakers from parts express.
Ahhh, the tactile sound transducer...I really miss mine. Blew it out during Apollo 13. I guess if you're gonna go, might as well go with the best.

Mark M. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Rather late to the thread, but I wanted to chime in with regards to Poof chairs. I own a large black one and quite frankly it's one of the single most comfortable things I've ever sat in. If moved up against a wall or such there's plenty of neck support, an almost unknown commodity in a beanbag. At the same time you have a great deal of freedom to squish it down and stretch out, reclining it into whatever position suits you best. I'll put it this way with the regular large model (not the extra-large loveseat) my girlfriend and I can quite reasonably cuddle up on it together even if it is a bit cramped. It also makes an excellent place to take a good long nap and the occasional houseguest has often chosen to sleep on it rather than the couch.

Look around online for the best price. I purchased mine from StudentMarket.com or something similar and paid around $100 total with free shipping IIRC. This was in the winter of 2002, however.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
my girlfriend and I can quite reasonably cuddle up on it together even if it is a bit cramped.
Haha yea one of my primary reasons for buying this was for this chick who always came to my dorm to watch movies w/me. It's very good for cuddling. :cool:

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I spent about $200 on a green leather reclining chair with an ottoman a few years back. It's got leather cushions on a metal frame (assemble yourself).

Now that I have my projector and our real couch, I end up on the couch. The chair keeps getting shuffled around because we don't really have room for it - if I sit in it, it's too close to the projector screen. The couch is barely far enough away. But damn was it a comfy gaming chair.

It looks similiar to this one :

http://www.feldmanfurniture.com/firs...ott oman.html

I've seen similiar chairs as cheap as $50-$80 at some places (ebay, cheap ass furniture places, etc). And it has hanging pockets for putting remotes, controllers, or strategy guides into. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks