1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What's a good discount on new Athem AVM20 v2.09?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JimmyK, Feb 28, 2003.

1. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim
    I recently auditioned this piece the other day at a local Anthem dealer. The dealer seemed very nice and let me try it out in there demo room for about 3 hrs. He also offered to let me take it home and try it out over a weekend to see how it performed on my system.

Anyway, since I'm not ready to buy (just in the homework phase) I declined to take it home.

I bought a Rotel piece from this dealer last year and have so far been happy with the way I've been treated there.

He said if I would put %40 down, he would order me a new one for $3150.00. Or he could sell the the demo (v2.08, which he said had only been on the floor for few weeks) for $3000.00.

Does this sound like a good deal? Or can better discounts be had from an authorized dealer?

Thanks!
    JimmyK

2. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Would these prices include tax, if any?
    I got my AVM 20 v2.06 for $2980, including tax.
    A LOT of people are paying full retail for it, so I think $3150 is a pretty decent price. If it's a nice place and they seem to take care of their equipment, I'd take a strong look at the floor model. As long as it comes with a full warranty, I'd rather save $150.
    Good luck!

3. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim
    Thanks for the reply.

Those prices do not include tax. Also the floor model would have the full warranty.

I would like to know if there are other dealers within reasonable driving distance from here (southeastern VA). Using the Anthem site, they only list the dealer I went to. Not sure if that means there are no others, or that's just the closest one.

4. jaht

jaht Auditioning

I can get you an AVM20 for a better price including shipping, let me know if interested.
    e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks

JAH

5. Mike Koch

Mike Koch Extra

I paid $2800 from a dealer 20 miles away but in another state and had it shipped to avoid sales tax. He ordered it from Anthem and it arrived in about a week with 2.08 and I upgraded it to 2.09 yesterday.

6. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim
    So are most people getting %20 off at their local dealers?

For those that got a %20 discount, did you pay cash or credit?

I'm thinking if I offer cash I may be able to get a better deal since the dealer wouldn't have to fork over a percentage to the credit card company. Make sense?

I appreciate any help/advice anyone can give. If I decide to go with this unit, I want to get the best deal I can since I would stetching my budget to the extreem to get a pre/proc of this quality.

Ideally, I would like to find something to use as bargaining power with my local dealer since buying locally would be my first choice.

Thanks!
    JimmyK

7. Peka J

Peka J Agent

Leo_P

You've got a PM.

8. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

I paid $3000, shipped from Maryland into DC. Took 1 day, saved on sales tax. This was for a brand-new, never before used or even opened AVM20 (v2.0 -- I have done the software upgrades as they're released). $3150 is an entirely respectable price for one of the best prepros around (and not just in that price range, but in ANY price range).