What's new

What's a better home theater package? (1 Viewer)

KenWong

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I'm currently debating on which set-up or package to get. I found the ONKYO HTS760 for clearance, which it has gotten really good reviews. The other choice is the JBL CINEMA PROPACK 600-Z. They both are refurbished, and within or about the same price range. WIth the JBL, it seemed like they have a history of failing, should I be concerned with this? Any had experiences with refurb onkyo or JBL equipment?

Jonty Rees

Stunt Coordinator
I've really had no problems with the refurbished Onkyo I have - TXDS575. The receiver itself doesn't blow me away, but it does function exactly as it's supposed to.

My completely unscientific guess - the Onkyo setup would be more reliable. Reasoning? It's the receiver section that is more likely to fail than the simple speaker set, and Onkyo specializes in the receiver section. Even a non-speaker specializing firm should be able to contract some speakers that work, even if they might not sound as good as the JBLs.

I know JBL had a lot of problems with the amp in one of their lines of powered subs, so I'm not convinced about their non-speaker components.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks