What's new

Whatever happened to?.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was going to start a thread about whatever Battlestar Galactica actress Maren Jensen. But, I figured people can post about whomever they were curious about.

With regards to Maren Jensen. After 1981 she pretty much vanished. Some reports say it was drugs. Wiki and other sites say she got sick. But, with the resurgent popularity of Battlestar Galactica. And the big business of scifi conventions. You would think they would be looking for her to either appear at the shows or at least do a signing. I was actually very lucky to find a signed 3x5 card from her from a reputable dealer over 15 years ago. I haven't seen anything since.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Ah, the original Athena. What a babe, had a bit of a crush on her (which 10 yr old boy watching OS BSG didn't? :D) and all that without her ever actually flashing any skin or wearing any really tight outfits.

I seem to recall reading somewhere she dated an Eagle for a while (maybe Don Henley?), but yes, she certainly seems to have dropped off the radar. Hope it's only because she's retired and chosen to stay private, rather than something bad having happened.

As an aside, speaking of conventions, my brother attended one a while back, and got the digipak of my OS BSG set signed by Starbuck. Aside from signing his name, he also 'wrote' Starbuck by literally drawing a star, followed by the dollar sign :laugh:

DaveMcS

Second Unit
per IMDB:

Date of Birth
23 September 1956, Arcadia, California, USA

Birth Name
Maren Kawehilani Jensen

Height
5' 7" (1.70 m)

Mini Biography
Maren Jensen was born in Glendale, California, on September 23, 1956. The actress majored in theatre arts during three years at UCLA. She appeared in several college productions, but admits, "I did absolutely nothing professional, not even the California equivalent of off-off-off-Broadway". She did, however, begin a successful modeling career which included Cosmopolitan and Seventeen magazine covers. When a mutual friend introduced her to agent Barbara Gale, she was surprised by the agent's obvious enthusiasm. She was even more surprised when Ms. Gale started sending her on calls that resulted in two network commercials and a guest shot on "The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries" (1977). But even more startling, she recalls, was being signed for a stellar role in "Battlestar Galactica" (1978). Ms. Jensen comes from a "totally non-theatrical" family. Her father is a physician and her mother is a membership secretary with the Los Angeles Zoo. Ms. Jensen is single -- and plans to keep it that way for at least a while -- as her career moves rapidly forward. Her hobbies are "almost all musical", including singing and playing piano.

Trivia
She was a top fashion model before appearing on "Battlestar Galactica" (1978). She writes music, plays piano and roller skates in her spare time.

Attended UCLA.

She worked as a waitress, pizza maker, usherette and computer operator before becoming an actress.

Her middle name is Kawehilani, means "the morning mist from heaven" in Hawaiian. Her father is a doctor of Danish descent and her mother is Hawaiian with distant English and French strains.

She is a middle child with a brother, Dana, who is five years older and a sister, Kathleen who is seven years younger than her.

Had a relationship with The Eagles lead man Don Henley for a while back in the early '80s and was featured in his video for the song "Not Enough Love in the World" in 1985. She also sang backup vocals on his song, "Johnny Can't Read".

Where Are They Now
(December 2003) Became one of the first people in Hollywood to suffer the debilitating effects of Epstein-Barr syndrome (in the 1980s). She has since recovered, but has left show business behind her.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I always hated the fact her part was basically gone by the time the series ended.

At least the new Athena is getting some serious screen time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobRWA123
Recent bookmarks