Whatever happened to that other Friday the 13th Box set?

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So in a run up for Halloween, I'm borrowing the current Friday the 13th boxed set from a friend. While they are indeed total schlock, they are enjoyable - enjoyable enough that I was toying with the idea of picking the set up.

However, I remember rumors and mumbling of a potential unedited boxed set, with all the missing stuff restored into the movies. Did this idea die on the vine, or is there something in the works?

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I think this was only ever rumors, based on many of the people who worked on the films being po'd that they weren't approached for footage, and also cases of commentaries being recorded but not used.

I don't think it was ever an official studio rumor though.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I borrowed this boxset from a friend last year and was truly disappointed by the poor presentation of the films.

Given that the sole reason for these films existing is the death scenes, it seems ridiculous that a 'Collector's Edition' set would be censored. After all - it's not as though we love these films for their intense charactarizations and realistic explorations of teen life in the 80's....

I for one would definitely buy a set of the uncut versions.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Ah well - looks like I'll just keep on getting my Friday fix from my friend as nessassary. Pity, real lost oppertunity that, but whatchyagonna do?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smwe16