Whatever happened to Sliders and Quantum Leap on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Harnish, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I remember the Digital Bits mentioning that Sliders and Quantum Leap were to be released on DVD late last year/early this year. It's February, so...where are the official announcements? I don't see anything on Amazon.com that would indicate a DVD release of either show.

Does anyone know what's going on? It would be pretty bogus if they were to have cancelled the releases (or even worse, confine QL to VHS only and release Sliders only on VHS).

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Dave,

Me? Anxious? What gave you that idea?? [​IMG]

4. David Lambert

That was a REALLY swift reply, Todd! [​IMG]

5. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

probably nothing better to do at that time

[​IMG]

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

speaking of TV on DVD, rather than starting a new thread...

Anyone notice that Married With Children is either selling out very fast, or retailers arn't getting in many copies? I went to a Sam Goody, Suncoast, and FYE all in the same store, and all where sold out.

Didn't have time to go to the best buy across the street.

7. David Lambert

Neil, that feels pretty off-topic for this thread! [​IMG]

Nevertheless, to answer the question: It feels like ALL the new Columbia titles were short-shipped this past month. Good Times S1, AitF S2, and S&S S2 are all in the same boat as M...wC V1: hard to find.

Perhaps Columbia simply made a shorter first run to try to gauge demand better. Perhaps noone wanted to pay for fast shipping on too many copies of these "back catalog" titles. Perhaps some folks have their heads shoved up their asses...

Every retailer I know is bemoaning the fact that they could sell more of these if they just HAD more of 'em!!! They did start to trickle a few more in last week, though.

Okay, back on-topic: Uhhh....Yeah! Yeah! I want Sliders, Too!! And Quantum Leap. That would be cool...

8. Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger Second Unit

On the Battlestar Galactica front, it appears that Universal may have the hi-def masters done. The Sci-Fi Channel is having special airings of the series this week (Feb. 17-21, 5 episodes a day, 11am-4pm EST). I believe that the TV ads (which I sadly only started to see today)claim that they have remastered copies of the episodes. Perhaps the delay in the release of these series on DVD is due to a desire to air them on TV one more time (for profit maximization purposes)?

9. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    So this was an official Universal press release and not just the article in Video Business? That makes me feel a little better about it, though I wish we'd hear something soon.

10. David Lambert