What's new

Whatever happened to House III? (1 Viewer)

Milan J

Auditioning
Whatever happened to House III? All I've ever found on video were I, II, and IV. Was there a legal issue that kept the third installment from being made or was that a joke among the producers?

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Does anyone know if this has ever been released uncut? Also, who has the rights? I remember getting quite a kick out of it and would love to see it again.

Milan: I haven't seen House 4, but this is nothing like the first two. It's just a slasher film with a twist; combine elements of A Nightmare On Elm Street and Shocker and you have it...

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
It appears to have been a UA release in the US, which means MGM should still have the video rights. They released it on VHS previously.

DJ

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, this is the missing House film. I have absolutely no idea how they ever thought it would work as a 'House' film. House IV is a return to the original concept, but not nearly as good as the original or even the first sequel.

The Horror Show is neat because of Lance Henriksen and Brion James, but is a bit too mean spirited to have ever worked as a House movie.

On a related note, I was nearly convinced that Critters III was never created until I was finally able to catch it on czble, years after I had seen Critters IV.

Milan J

Auditioning
Just watched The Horror Show last night. Yeah, I can see where it would play as a "House" movie. The angry spirit coming back for revenge. The traveling between time and place in the house at the climax. And they brought back the guy from "Petticoat Junction" in the end, although he played a different character in the first House. Wish there had been another "Cheers" star as in the first two.

I don't remember much about House IV other than William Katt's character being murdered in the beginning. I'll have to revisit that one again soon. But thanks for the help, guys. I really wondered about "III" for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks