1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Whatever happened to GameFan magazine?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Ellinger, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

I used to be an avid reader of GameFan magazine about 5-6 years ago. It had decent reviews, great screenshot quality and coverage of games nobody else paid attention to. I stopped paying attention to them once I discovered Next Generation, and it looks like they've vanished off the planet. Anyone know what the story is/was?

2. Mark McAlister

Mark McAlister Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure, I've been wondering the same thing. It's ashamed though,they had great info on import games and such. Out of all the gaming magazines they were my favorite.

3. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

If I remember correctly, they stoppped publishing Gamefan a while back.

4. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I thought they were still around.

The screenshot quality was usually pretty good and the Japanese coverage was very good. I had issues with the writing though...the grammar was horrible.

5. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I liked it for awhile too. Although the actual content was minimal, they did have great import coverage, interesting (but sometimes overcooked) layouts and a ton of enthusiasm.

I think they switched publishers a few years back and the circulation went down to nothing, and the editor left to do another mag (Gamers Republic I think). I had a hard time finding it (the place I used to get it most often had copies of the same issue for a year I think) and when I finally did, I had lost interest. Looks like the website is gone, so perhaps the magazine is too.

6. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

its now know as gamego or gameon magazine i forgot which one though and my hands are sticky from doughnuts so i cant look.

8. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Mmmmmm, Doughnuts.

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer