Whatever happened to COUPLING (UK): Season 4?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by NickSo, May 5, 2004.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    So i was rewatching some episodes of COUPLING (best.. sitcom.. ever [​IMG] ) i had transferred to DVD, and at the end of season three, i think we're left wtih a pretty big cliffhanger (when Susan finds out she's pregnant).

Anyways, is there any news about them restarting production? I heard that they're on hiatus.

Anybody know?

Thanks

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

A very timely question. [​IMG] The first episode of the fourth season airs on BBC3 this coming Monday the 10th. Jeff is off of the show (The BBC reported that Richard Coyle quit), and Oliver (Richard Mylan) will be his replacement. He'll be introduced to the show as a blind date for Jane.
    Writer Steven Moffat had this to say about Oliver: "I'm having a whale of a time writing him. I miss Jeff, but it's invigorating to have a new wind blowing through the show."

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, i heard Richard Coyle went on to do some gritty crime-drama also on the BBC.

Too bad, jeff was hilarious... Nipples!

Anyways, i cant wait! Too bad i wont get to watch it on satellite here. Ill have to find some OTHER way to watch it [​IMG]

4. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Also, season 3 will be out on DVD in June, according to the BBC America website. As they are in the original widescreen format they are far preferred to what is shown on TV.

-Christian

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    He went on to do the supernatural series called "Strange", but I'm not sure if he had officially left "Coupling" at that point.

As far as crime dramas go, Ben Miles, who plays Patrick, had a substantial part in "Prime Suspect 6" with Helen Mirren. This just aired in the US on "Masterpiece Theater" a couple of weeks ago, and it is due out on R1 DVD the week after next. It was a very good entry in the series.

Regards,

6. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I read Coupling season 4 starts airing on BBC America next month (June).