Whata ere the main fifferences between the denon 4802 and 4802R?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by greggor, Jul 4, 2004.

1. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    I know the R model is the newer model and has the touch screen remote, but are there any other differences? How is the sound quality of this reciever compared to lets say my Sony STRDA777ES? I have paradigm studio 60 speakers. Thanks for the advice and the help. Sorry for the bad spelling in my subject(too many homebrewed beers)[​IMG]

Greg

2. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    Nevermind I just purchased the 5803A. First time I ever bought an amp without listening to it. I hope I like it, can't wait to see.

3. Stephen M

Stephen M Stunt Coordinator

It would still be nice if someone could answer this for other readers.[​IMG]

4. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

The remote. The 4802R DOES NOT come with the atkis touchscreen remote, it comes with a standard button remote with small lcd screen nearly identical to the 3803's remote. This is the only difference. Truthfully the atkis is a hideous remote and anyone would be better of with the standards button remote or investing in a Pronto.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

5. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

The difference as quoted from the Denon Web site:

Source: Denon AVR-4802R

6. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I'm pretty sure all of those features were already available on the 4802. Looks like the THX Certification has been changed from THX Ultra to THX Ultra2 however, but I doubt that gets you much, if any, useful processing.

7. Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony Stunt Coordinator

I own the Denon 4802R, and it rocks! The difference is that the 4802R has THX Ultra2, and a regular standard remote with a small screen as previously mentioned. The remote is so easy to use, IMHO.