What's new

Whata ere the main fifferences between the denon 4802 and 4802R? (1 Viewer)

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I know the R model is the newer model and has the touch screen remote, but are there any other differences? How is the sound quality of this reciever compared to lets say my Sony STRDA777ES? I have paradigm studio 60 speakers. Thanks for the advice and the help. Sorry for the bad spelling in my subject(too many homebrewed beers)
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Greg

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Nevermind I just purchased the 5803A. First time I ever bought an amp without listening to it. I hope I like it, can't wait to see.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The remote. The 4802R DOES NOT come with the atkis touchscreen remote, it comes with a standard button remote with small lcd screen nearly identical to the 3803's remote. This is the only difference. Truthfully the atkis is a hideous remote and anyone would be better of with the standards button remote or investing in a Pronto.

Hope this helps :)

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure all of those features were already available on the 4802. Looks like the THX Certification has been changed from THX Ultra to THX Ultra2 however, but I doubt that gets you much, if any, useful processing.

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I own the Denon 4802R, and it rocks! The difference is that the 4802R has THX Ultra2, and a regular standard remote with a small screen as previously mentioned. The remote is so easy to use, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks