What's new

What X-Box games do you recommend? (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
This is the main gift for our two children (Yah right, Yahoo!) and other than Halo, what is hot thus far? Both of my children are girls between 11,13...but factor in me too :b
PLMK
Happy Holidays!:)
BTW-this was the solo unit on the shelf yesterday when I got it @ my local Wallymart @ 8:15 am, seems these (XBox) are really hot!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, well I'd recommend Oddworld, but I'm a huge fan of the series. It's a platform game with a dark sense of humor and some interesting puzzles from what I've seen (basing this off of 15 mins with Munch, and both the PSX Abe games). Think "what if Tim Burton made a platformer". Otherwise, Starfighter looks good if you like space shooters, and Project Gotham is the best racing game they have at this point...

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
What are the interests of your girls? Are the experienced with consoles or maybe not?

I would say, instead of going out and buying a lot of games, just rent a few on XMas. Then see which ones they like and then go buy them.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Yeah, what Ryan said. 50 bucks is a lot to spend on a game that your girls wouldn't play! When I first got my Xbox I bought Halo with it, and then rented 6 or 7 games over the next few weeks to see what my next titles were going to be. Of course, I ended up loving just about all of them, so maybe I didn't do myself any favors after all...:b
If you want to get a few games for them to unwrap at Christmas time, can you tell us what style of games they like? I think Oddworld is a good suggestion, and Gotham is fantastic, but that may not be your daughters' cup of tea. If they like snowboarding games, you could try Amped. Trans World Surf also seems to be surprisingly well received. Cel Damage is a smash-em-up vehicular combat game done in a kind of Wile E Coyote style with gigantic baseball bats and boxing gloves and the like as weapons, but some people seem to think it favors button-mashing too much. Fusion Frenzy might be a good game they could play together or with their friends; it's a "party game" with a bunch of fast-paced and colorful mini-games that up to four players compete in. Finally, if they are huge Shrek fans you may want to try that, but from the reviews I've read, that doesn't seem to be all that good. But maybe for that age group it would be fine, especially if they were big fans of the movie.
If you let us know what types of games they like, maybe we can suggest a few more titles.
HTH,
Dave

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2x

My sister got a PS2 for her birthday and got THPS3 for it and a few other games like Klonoa 2, Crash, NFL 2k2 and the only one she plays is THPS3 and she is 14 years old if that helps.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
SSX Tricky is rumored to come out tommorrow (if not tommorrow then the 18th). DEFINITELY buy this one for the kids, and you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks