What's new

Directors what would you watch at my house? (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well there are those like John for whom it's all a trap... they're chained down and forced to watch my favorite movies, over and over and over... :) Popcorn is provided, but no drinks. :)

Actually, I do have a real popcorn machine, but I also provide my real guests with drinks.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Own & or seen most of your collection so I'd have to go with Super Troopers - haven't seen it.

Getting back to the Kaplan residence I don't think it would be a good idea to invite me in as I'd more than likely snatch his disc of the Apartment & replace it with a copy of Do the Right Thing. :p)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Actually George, being serious for a moment, as I look at the list, the one I am most in the mood for right now is City of Angels.

Do you have a fancy projection system or something? I only ask because my audio system is very good but I have a Mitsubishi RPTV that is around 13 years old and I would like to see either of Tom Tykwer's last 2 films (Heaven or The Princess and the Warrior) with a really nice picture.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I have a decent but not great setup.

I have a Pioneer 58' RPTV (ISF calibrated), a Panasonic RP-91 for non-anamorphic discs, a Panasonic CP-72 for anamorphic discs, nice 5.1 speakers, including subwoofer. Certainly not as good as many HTFers, but not a bad way to watch a movie.

Oh, and Jim, my dvd collection is locked up in my den. No one gets in there, so you'd have a hard time ripping off the Apartment unless we were watching it. And frankly, I'd just sell your copy of Do the Wrong Thing and buy another dvd of the Apartment.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Human curiosity compels me to ask; why do you lock up your DVD's George?

If I have to go through a metal detector and take my shoes off to enter your house, I think I'll just stay at home.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
We watch movies in the living room, which is downstairs. My den is upstairs. I keep my dvds, cds, and other valuables up there. It's also rather a mess. It, and the master bath are two rooms that we don't consider public when guests come over. That's all.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
That's a frightfully boring answer George. :D

I was hoping for something like - Tugging on Hopscotch flips the fireplace around to reveal a secret lab where you develop improvements to the triangle offense and super anti-depressants for life in a post-Shaq world.

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
Before I come, can I ask if you have a daughter ? Or how old is you wife :D

Seriously, I'd probably pick Lifeboat too, since it's a Hitch I haven't seen.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
You forgot to mention his shrine to his secret Oscar fetish including ALL of the Best Pix winners.

If I came over we'd be watching Titanic which I would bring with me. I would put it in while you were in the bathroom, and I'm certain you would be in the bathroom because I would lace your drink with Ex-Lax.

Don't worry, I'd crank up the sound so you could still enjoy it in there. ;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, I do have one high tech device. My front door has a built-in device kind of like a metal detector, only it's a crappy movie detector. It doesn't beep or anything, it just sends out undetectable patented high speed laser beams that rewrites over any such dvd, replacing it with The Apartment. So, if you want to switch it, that's OK by me. :)

BTW, in case anyone cares, my current visitors list has changed somewhat, currently being:

ACTION/ADVENTURE
aguirre: the wrath of god
alexander nevsky
cliffhanger
dr. no
the hunt for red october
lethal weapon
mission: impossible
patton
raiders of the lost ark
true lies

COMEDY
the american president
caddyshack
closely watched trains
dead men don't wear plaid
good morning, vietnam
heaven can wait
the odd couple 2
pretty woman
stir crazy

DRAMA
breakfast at tiffany's
city of angels
the firm
lifeboat
mr. smith goes to washington
the seventh seal
the ten commandments
throne of blood

HORROR
frankenstein

MUSICAL
hans christian andersen
help!
my fair lady

MYSTERY
the general's daughter
l.a. confidential
the lady vanishes
marnie
the postman always rings twice
rashomon
shadow of the thin man

SCIENCE FICTION
contact
planet of the apes

SILENT
the circus

WESTERN
the magnificent seven

paul_goz

Agent
action adventure-Dr.No,Patton or Truelies

comedy-Cadyshack or 1941

Drama-Performance or Do the right thing

Horror-Lost highway

Musical-Help

Mystery-Mullholand Drive

SciFi-Planet of the Apes

Silent-Brunel

Western- The Unforgiven

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks