What's new

What would you like the future of Hirez Audio to be? (1 Viewer)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

(With apologies to "Paranoia"...)

Welcome, consumer-unit!

Your service to the Computer and Studios has been rewarded! You have "volunteered" to give up DVDs in favor of pay-per-view streaming TV.

What's that? You don't WANT to give up your DVDs? Aw, come on! Imagine how disappointed the Computer's friend Gates would be if you turned down the Computer's generous offer! Please think about it for a moment. Don't let the laser turrets locking on you even as we speak influence your judgement.

You'll accept PPV? Excellent! I knew you would come around. You can expect the Bill shortly.

gregD

Second Unit
No kiddin'...

That little twerp Gates has been spewing that computer-controlled-home forecast for years.

Guess it could happen (or has)... guess it's OK... but which precious few of us will be able to afford it?

And of those few, who will tolerate the inevitably buggy system that 'nerdboy' will provide?

Silver discs for me, thank you very much.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Cable cos. and online cos. have a similar vision. Having retired from the online industry, they're goal was to have a server in your home attached to a network where it is a pay-per-view type service. That was one of the reasons behind the AOL/Time Warner marriage, content. Everyone wants their content and control over it coming to the consumer.

Personally, I like my media the way it is, SACDs, CDs, DVD-As, DADs for music and DVD-Vs and LDs for movies. I like the fact that one can choose to buy (or rent) what they like when they like and hope it stays that way. In the next few years everyone will see a broadband push by cable cos. and phone cos. taking fiber right to the house. They don't want just telephone or internet service carried over that pipeline, otherwise they probably would do far less of it.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah I'll just bet Gates would LOOOVE a pay-per-view world.

"Hey why own it when you can rent it anytime you like!!??!! Actually owning things is so last century anyway.":rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks