What would you do?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DorianBryant, Apr 15, 2004.

1. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

5 weeks ago I purchased the VSX-41 from Etronics for 369.00. I bought this over the Denon 1804 and the HK230. My decision came from reading about the power. I was a little disappointed by the size. It has a plastic face and does not weigh as much as the HTR-5590 I replaced. (This one was 6 weeks old and had a volume control problem)

It has a great sound but the receiver I had really wanted was the Onkyo 601.

I have now seen this one for 359.00. Is this a more superior receiver? Would the difference be noticed?

I could sell the VSX-41 and grab the 601??

2. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Cinematographer

Ed
    Go for it!
    If you're not happy now, you never will be.
    Always buy what you want, to start with, or you'll never be happy.........and lose money in the long run. If you sell this one, you won't get what you paid, so you lost money already.
    Chalk it up as a learning experience.......
    Good luck!

3. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

The Elites start at 43/53TX...the 41 is basically a rebadged 812. On the plus side though, I've seen 43TXes for around $400 USD, and Sony STR-DA4ESes for about the same. There are many SOLID generation old receivers that you'll enjoy for sure.

4. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

I have been reading about the 812 being the same as the 41. I never even considered the 812 but compared it to the 912. When I purchased it I read the specs and thought with the 41's 800 MSRP, it had to be far superior.

It does check out differently though. I've read the 10 watt differences, Re-EQ, etc.

I think the 41 is a great receiver. But as with any HT, there is something better every week on sale.

5. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Which means you might be going through this every week. [​IMG]