What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Joseph_ P, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Joseph_ P

Joseph_ P Stunt Coordinator

I currently have the SVS 16-46cs+/samson 1000 combo.
    i got the go ahead from the "boss", she says i can upgrade
    my subs!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER. Anyway i was wondering if i
    should order another 16-46cs+(theres one in the b-stock section) or jump to the PB2+. has anyone made this switch?
    What should i do, Lord of the Rings Two Towers comes out in 3 days and i really want to shake the living sh$t out of the house!!!!!![​IMG]

2. Ron Stimpson

Ron Stimpson Stunt Coordinator

Gig,

I know you are probably looking for customer comments but I figured I'd put my two cents in there too. Purely from a cost/benefit standpoint I'd recommend adding a CS-Plus, putting it right next to the current one (if possible) and in any case throwing in an SVS-01 subsonic filter and/or one of the EQ's we offer (or some other brand).

You will get a huge increase in headroom, maintain your investment so far and probably never need/want to upgrade again.

Now, from a purely "wow" standpoint, or if you are interested in something a bit more discreet visually a PB2-Plus would be certainly worth considering. You'll give up a few dBs of ultra low bass response compared to a CS+ pair, but probably have a bit more impact (and easier setup) running a stock PB2-Plus on most movies.

It's a tough call. One path is certainly more economically sound, but you might just be looking for the rush only a totally new toy can add? Keep in mind that the latter approach (the PB2-Plus) will be fleeting anyway. When the PB2-Ultra and God knows what other SVS comes out in the future, you might just rest easier knowing your optimized twin CS+ setup is still soldiering along.

Two of them dialed in will certainly be a world-class subwoofer system by any measure.

From the FWIW Dept.

Ron

3. Joseph_ P

Joseph_ P Stunt Coordinator

Thank you Ron for the incredibly quick response!!!!!!!
    I am going to take your advice and order that b-stock 16-46cs+ i saw on the website.I already have the SVS
    black box,LOVE IT!!.
    I love how low my current sub goes so two of them should be
    all i could ever need!!!
    Hey, any luck with those t-shirts?
    SVS CUSTOMER SERVICE RULES!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]