What's new

What would you do in a post-apocalyptic wasteland? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm way ahead of you guys. I've already burried batteries and outlets underneath a tree, so if a nuclear blast occurs, the tree will be transformed into a source of power that I could plug my devices into.He can call me and help me with more PowerPoint stuff. :D I assume the roads will be too dangerous to travel into work. :laugh:

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

Actually, that is something that is very easy to experience today. They way I look at it, by practicing ahead of time it will make me that much further ahead in the game when D-day does arrive.
They really don't taste all that bad, either.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Besides Mark, you just never know. And there's also my wife's hair dryer. Need to know if this will work, since we'll probably go on a date; I hear that the IMAX is showing Post-Apocalypse Now.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
My answer to the question in the post...first off, wasteland can mean a lot of things, not necessary for this to be the result of nukes. Why not just severe neglect since everyone (but me and a select few :)) died from Captain Tripps?

So of course, I would build a fortified space-age bachelor-pad in the nearest high-rise, and begin to hunt down Matthias and the rest of the family.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Well why you guys are out collecting stupid stuff like food and weapons I will be getting all the good stuff. The first stop on my list would be all the major liquor stores to stock up on alcohol, ciggs, and lottery tickets because that is what really motivates people. I figure with these items I could get anything I ever needed.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

That makes no difference. People will want them just so they can stand in what use to be gas station lines and pretend to hold people up while scratching off their tickets.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Yes, but wouldn't that result in your powers never existing and thus you wouldn't have been able to go back in time in the (last?) place?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
It all depends on what sort of time travel rules you follow. :D Like in Back to the Future, if Marty went into the future and changed things, when he goes back to the present (i.e. 1985) how would know about the stuff that happened in the future if it hasn't occurred yet?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yes, so then it happens, I get my powers, et. cyk. Except when I take a loop off, and let somone fill in for me, as I did earlier :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Dave, are you really the right person to work at the animal shelter? :confused:

Dogs and cats would actually be more useful alive. Think about it. For dogs, protection from intruders and they'll kill snakes and such. Cats will kill pests like rats. *taps head with finger like there's more brain in my head than people think*

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Back when Y2K was such a huge concern, folks were buying up generators and dried food left and right. Told 'em I had been fattening my cat up for a reason. Imagine my disappoint on 1/1/00 when I woke up and still had heat and power. But at least I didn't spend thousands of dollars on wasted products.
And instead of huddling around a burning tire enjoying my "meal", I was able to sit in my leather recliner, watching the Rose Bowl. Oh, and still enjoying the meal....... ;)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Oops, meant 1/1/00... edited to reflect that. Or maybe I was so stuffed that I did require a full year to sleep it off. :P

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I figured you were confusing Y2K with the actual Millenium. Although maybe you DID sleep for the entire year! It sounds like your alarm clock suffered from the Y2K bug. :D

Hey, maybe DaveF could use his super powers to travel back in time to 1/1/00 and wake you up!

RobLe

Stunt Coordinator

Oh man, what am I going to have to give up for a bottle of nice tequila in the post-apocalypse? I can trade you my pack mule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks