What's new

What would you do if the original Star Wars films come out on DVD today? (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Even if each film was packed in a four disc set I would desperately look for something to bitch about.
Example: Can you believe that disc four of ROTJ was only a single layer disc? The 100 minutes of Ewok costume tests were absolutely riddled with artifacts. This is an insult to the little people who donned these furry costumes. Boycott Luca$.
[filth flarn flarn filth]
...and so on. :)
Regards,

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I'd wake up in the hospital. With a concussion. From the impact of my cranium on something. After I passed out from disbelief. :D
Then, once healthy, I'd take a lighter to an ice-cube, just to make sure that the laws of nature were still intact.
Then, I'd go out and buy that sucker, and proceed to wear out my trusty player. :)
What kind of goodies? I can't even begin to imagine, cause we're so far into the realm of fantasy already!! ;)

GaryEA

Second Unit
What would I do? Hmmm...
1) Defrag my hard drive to make sure that the announcement wasn't a glitch on my hard drive.
2) Put aside a sizable amount of cash for the big day.
3) Fire up the Laserdisc player and the Definitive Editions to whet my appetite.
4) TIE: Pre-order from Amazon and then call customer service repeatedly to make sure this is really happening, or visit Suncoast everyday to check the status of my deposit. I choose Suncoast because BB, WalMart and Target are on my "bad" list due to the WS/PS issue (Where Digitainment when you need them?).
5) Buy two of each before George changes his mind. :)
-g

Oscar

Second Unit
Well i didn´t mind the changes in the Special Edition.

But i would love to have a DTS track on the DVDs!.

Even if they are a bare-bones release i would buy ´em.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I'd have to throw it away as the only way it could possibly come out "today" is if in the future, 40 years from now when George realizes he missed the boat regarding putting 4-6 out on anything but VHS, he decides to send himself back in time and finally give the DVD to us after "50 years". I would have to throw it out because it would cause a paradox in the space time continuum and putting it in my DVD player would actually open up a wormhole which would suck all of my HT equipment into it and send it off to the Genesis Plant, whereby it would be assimilated by the Borg, only to be rescues by Q, who in his infinite wisom says to George, you fool, no one cares about the DVD now; your coming back in time has changed history and as a result, the Star Wars movies have now ceased to exist......

Oscar

Second Unit
Excellent "paradox" Jeff.
You should be a sci-fi writer some day.
Very thought provoking. ;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I'd finally be able to get rid of my craptacular Hong Kong knock-off pirate DVD's. They wouldn't be that bad if the chinese-mandatory subtitles didn't obscure all normally subtitled alien-jargon in the films. And the video is pretty bad. Not hella-bad, maybe a used VHS-tape bad.

But since The phantom Menace was differant in the DVd than in the theatrical version (Added scene with Bongo-ship) I don't see why ol' George would bother to release the original theatrical set. I actually want the THX-upgraded set (That came-out before the SE). Come to think of it, there are too many choices for Star Wars on tape.

I just hope they come in the same 2-disc slim amaray case as episode 1, and look and sound as good.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Hopefully the Holiday Special will be a bonus ;)
Maud singing in the Cantina is the high point of the trilogy tie ins!!
Peter

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
I would poop myself. Then, I would go to the store and buy them.
Then I would keep complaining about Episode 1, until Lucas revisits it to muck with 'continuity' a little more. Then I'd complain even louder :D

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I've never purchased TPM on DVD because it doesn't contain a DTS track. So I would treat the OT DVD's likewise and just watch my widescreen tapes until I get what I want. Now, I don't refuse to purchase DVDs based solely on a DTS track, but with Star Wars I want the best, and that means DTS with me.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd check out reviews.
I wouldn't mind movie-only discs now, but I'd rather hold out on the good stuff. This is why I'm going to wait an agonizing 2 months so I can get the 4-disc LOTR instead of the 2-disc edition. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'd do the happy monkey dance all the way from the Sci-Fi section of Best Buy up to the counter. And, if security threw me out before I was able to make my purchase, I'd try again over at Circuit City.

Oscar

Second Unit
Yeah i wouldn´t mind a DTS track.

But we live in a time were DTS tracks are at the 754 bit rate and they sound equally to DD.

With a very minor tiny difference.

The DD track on TPM is spectacular though.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I apologize for the following. It was absolutely the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.
Mike B: What a delightful reception, Prime Minister. I'm so happy all these important ambassadors could be here.
Terrorist 1 (Ben): All right! Everyone, put your hands on your heads. We are the Flemish Independence Coalition. Valech, are all the guests present and accounted for?
Terrorist 2 (Mike S): All except one.
Terrorist 1: Who is this missing guest?
Terrorist 2: Some man named...Louie.
Announcer: And now...Louie! The guy who comes in and says his catch phrase over and over again.
Louie (Ken): Hey everybody!
All: Hey, Louie!
Louie: Hey, whose got something to drink?
A Woman (Joe): I do.
(Terrorists point guns)
Woman: It's over there.
Louie: What is it?
Woman: It's a martini.
Louie: A martini? Hey, I wanna dip my balls in it!
All: Yay!
Louie: Hey, what you got there?
Terrorist 2: It's an M-16, what do you want with it?
Louie: What do I want with it? I wanna dip my balls in it!
Terrorist 3 (Tom): Very infectious and amusing, this Louie character.
Louie: Who's got some deviled eggs?
Kerri: I do!
Louie: I wanna dip my balls in it!
Todd: How about a grand silk handkerchief?
Louie: I would like to dip my balls in it!
Terrorist 3: Louie, a hand grenade?
Louie: Aw, hell, who gives a damn? I wanna dip my balls in it!
Terrorist 2: Star Wars on DVD?
Louie: I wanna file them!
All: Yay-aww...Louie?
Louie: You've heard it all before.
Kevin: No we haven't.
Louie: You've heard it all before.
Terrorists: No, we haven't.
Louie: You've heard it all before!
All: No we haven't!
Terrorist 1: Say the catch phrase, or the Prime Minister dies.
Prime Minister (David): Don't say it on my account, Louie.
Louie: I'm sorry, I can't say it.
All: (gradually increasing in volume) Louie! Louie! Louie! Louie! Louie! Louie! Louie! Louie!
Louie: Hey! Everybody!
All: I WANNA DIP MY BALLS IN IT!
Yay! Louie! Louie! Louie! Louie! Louie!
The following was brought to you by an obsessive The State fan who wants that on DVD almost as much as Star Wars. Please click Link Removed and select 'Louie II' under episode 107.

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
I would be extremely scared! I'm not too sure if I want to see them Crystal clear, George is going to be a very busy man trying to bring these up to par.

Yes I would buy it. And I'd buy the "25 Disc, super duper extra special $400 edition" when it comes out!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks