What's new

What would you change on my web site? (1 Viewer)

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Im new to this and could need some ideas/ critics.

What would you do?

What´s good/bad?

Thank´s,

jens

Don Black

Screenwriter
I would get rid of the frames. I personally find them incredibly annoying which is why you don't see them on mainstream websites. It's better to encode your links into the main frame with a legend of sorts that stays constant throughout. Nice setup btw!

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Great job Jens! It’s hard to comment on your web page when I’m so overwhelmed by your exceptional home theater. It’s fantastic! It gives me something to dream about for the future.

As for your web page, it looks great. The only thing I might consider adding would be some pictures of guests. Perhaps some guests using your snack bar or kids around your Shrek snack bar guard.

Your theater is an inspiration to all of us.

Jay Taylor

Kevin T

Screenwriter
personally i think the frames work well as long as you set them up for visitors with differing screen sizes. i'm viewing at 1024 x 768 but many ppl still use 800 x 600. what i would like to see is:

"snackbar" - possibly use a two column table so that the images aren't one long string which would "shorten" the page and make the images seem more accessable.

"storage" - you might wanna remove some of the page breaks as on my screen, the pix and guesbook link are at the very bottom of my page.

"construction" - again, might wanna remove some of the page breaks.

"equipment" - leave the text on the left but remove the hyperlinks and have a nicely centered image of your rack. turn the image of your rack into an image map so that when users scroll over a component, they get linked the the page description of said component.

"architect" - the image of the architect is too far down on my screen...bring it closer to the top or center.

"credits" - misspelled words: "fulfil" should be "fulfill", niklas melin - should be "always" not "allways", the rock - should be "favorite" not "favurite", and where it says "Thank's to all of you" remove the apostrophe...should be "Thanks to all of you". create hyperlinks for the websites / email addresses of the ppl involved if they give you permission.

please note these are all suggestions and your site is very attractive whether you make these changes or not...this is just my personal opinion and may not reflect the opinion of anybody else.

kevin t

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Thanks for for giving me new ideas!

And thanks for letting me know about the misspelled words!

My English is not the best.

Jens

Kevin T

Screenwriter
no problem...it wasn't until i got back and posted everything that i saw you are from sweden which explained some of the words. glad i could be of some help.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks