What's new

What would totally surprise us in 2010? (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
If the Animated Series Hot Wheels and/or Skyhawks are ever announced to be coming out on DVD you'd better hope you are not within 50 miles of where I'm standing when I get the news!

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
My personal wishlist? Well, besides the obvious ones that we can't talk about:

That the Walt Disney Company starts taking a more serious approach to getting their animated series and the weekly anthology series on DVD or Blu-Ray.

A Mill Creek reissue of MPI's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe DVDs.

Seconding Empty Nest as a release too. Plus the return of Different Strokes and Facts of Life.

Really like to see another effort at game shows on DVD, especially What's My Line?

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by DeWilson

I was going to say ELLERY QUEEN, but looks like that might be coming out!
Here's the link to that news http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ellery-Queen-DVDs-Planned/13043

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I would like to see more Gunsmoke (I don't think this has been mentioned yet) as well as the other westerns mentioned previously. I hope Bonanza keeps going, too. I also want to see the rest of Leave it to Beaver, Checkmate and a complete and restored Amos 'N Andy (Yeah, I know).

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Aside from some continuations of some stalled shows & with Falcon Crest known to be coming allready. I guess a nice total surprise for me would be seeing Eight is Enough released next year. Perhaps The Colby's and/or Spenser: For Hire aswell.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by Steve...O

I would be shocked to see Holmes & YoYo :)
When it comes to seeing John Schuck as a dumb cop let's take care of the rest of McMillan And Wife first! :D

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned the idea of game show DVD's for 2010.

Although it's a longshot, I would really like to see Sony try their hand at releasing game show DVDs (their "Jeopardy!" DVD notwithstanding). Of the many game shows that Sony owns the rights to, my favorite by far is the many incarnations of "Pyramid" that Bob Stewart is best known for. There's a few problems, thought:

First of all, many daytime episodes from before 1978 are believed to be long gone. Secondly, Sony is extremely unpredictable when it comes to their classic TV library. Lastly, of the eight installments in the "Pyramid" franchise (CBS $10K, ABC $10K/$20K, SYN $25K, $50K, New $25K, $100K, new $100K, and Donny Osmond Pyramid), three of them are not owned by Sony (SYN $25K, $50K and New $100K).

I would be happy with any episode from any installment, just as long as it's not the most recent one with Donny Osmond. However my favorite era of the show by far would have to be the 1982-1988 era, which was taped in Los Angeles. I grew up with that era through reruns on USA Network, and later on GSN (formerly known as Game Show Network).

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by vnisanian2001

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned the idea of game show DVD's for 2010.

Although it's a longshot, I would really like to see Sony try their hand at releasing game show DVDs (their "Jeopardy!" DVD notwithstanding). Of the many game shows that Sony owns the rights to, my favorite by far is the many incarnations of "Pyramid" that Bob Stewart is best known for. There's a few problems, thought:

First of all, many daytime episodes from before 1978 are believed to be long gone. Secondly, Sony is extremely unpredictable when it comes to their classic TV library. Lastly, of the eight installments in the "Pyramid" franchise (CBS $10K, ABC $10K/$20K, SYN $25K, $50K, New $25K, $100K, new $100K, and Donny Osmond Pyramid), three of them are not owned by Sony (SYN $25K, $50K and New $100K).

I would be happy with any episode from any installment, just as long as it's not the most recent one with Donny Osmond. However my favorite era of the show by far would have to be the 1982-1988 era, which was taped in Los Angeles. I grew up with that era through reruns on USA Network, and later on GSN (formerly known as Game Show Network).
I want to see more of the Goodson/Todman game shows, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if Mill Creek is just rereleasing the old sets, or if they have the license to new sets.

And I'd love to see some Pyramid on DVD. There's probably enough shows still remaining from 10K and 20K to make up one box set. I know there has been enough in the past for a marathon on GSN, so that could be enough for a box.

Anyway, game show geekout aside, I'd be shocked to see Fantasy Island '98, Maximum Bob, more Facts of Life, more King of the Hill...

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Tim Gregerson

season 2 of archie bunkers place
Would love to see the release of "Archie Bunker's Place" Season 2 as, I'm sure, many other fans would.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
What would totally surprise me is Warner Archive announcing TV seasons for their older shows in the Archive program.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Charles H

All the unreleased NAKED CITYs.
Forget the unreleased Naked City. I missed them on the first pass, so complete Season Sets of the whole series would make me happy.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly

What would totally surprise me is Warner Archive announcing TV seasons for their older shows in the Archive program.

I think there's a relatively good chance that we may some sort of TV releases from them in 2010, though in what shape or form is anybody's guess. They have been quietly adding a number of TV movies to their release list, including two pilots that actually resulted in short run series . . . . "Man from Atlantis" and, most recently, "Then Came Bronson." There are a couple of failed Gene Roddenberry sci-fi pilots among the made-for-TV movies as well. If they've made the commitment to release the TV movies, they surely must be thinking of TV series as well.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Some more recent but would be a pleasant surprise for me if not others

All In the Family - Season 7 (1971)
Baby Looney Tunes - Season 1 (2002)
Bette - Complete Series (2000)
Boomtown - Season 2 (2002)
Boy Meets World - Rereleases of previous seasons maybe new ones (1993)
Clueless - Season 1 (1996)
Courthouse - Complete Series (1995)
Crossing Jordan - Season 2 (2001)
DAG - Complete Series (2000)
Drop Dead Diva - Complete Series (2009)
Duck Dodgers - Season 1 (2003)
Fired Up - Season 1 (1997)
First Wave - Season 1 (1998)
George Lopez - Season 3 (2002)
Good Morning Miss Bliss - Complete Series (1987)
Grapevine - Complete Series (2000)
Hang Time - Season 1 (1995)
Heist - Complete Series (2006)
Huff - Season 2 (2004)
Jake 2.0 - Complete Series (2003)
King of the Hill - Season 7 (1997)
Love & Money - Complete Series (1999)
Malibu, CA - Season 1 (1998)
Max Steel - Season 1 (2002)
Missing aka 1-800 Missing - Season 1 or 3 seeing as they only released season 2 so far (2003)
Missing Persons - Complete Series (1993)
Mr Deeds Goes To Town - Complete Series (1969)
My Sister Eileen (1960)
Mysterious Ways - Season 1 (2000)
New Amsterdam - Complete Series (2008)
One On One - Season 1 (2001)
Partners - Complete Series (1999)
Raising Dad - Complete Series (2001)
Rock Me, Baby - Complete Series (2003)
Seven Days - Season 1 (1998)
She Spies - Season 2 (2003)
The $treet - Complete Series (2000)
Street Time - Season 1 (2002)
Strong Medicine - Season 2 (2000)
Taz-Mania (1991)
The Trouble With Normal - Complete Series (2000)
USA High - Season 1 (1997)
What About Joan - Season 1 (2002)
Women's Murder Club - Complete Series (2007)
Young Americans - Complete Series (2000)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks