1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What would happen if.............

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Cruz, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Ryan Cruz

Ryan Cruz Stunt Coordinator

I put Klipsch RF-3's with PSB Alpha Center Channel?

I had bought the PSB Alpha already and was thinking of buying the PSB Image 2B's but when I listened to the Klipsch I fell in love with it. Would it be so horrible to mix and match these two? I really don't want to waste my PSB CC.

2. Ryan Cruz

Ryan Cruz Stunt Coordinator

anyone? [​IMG]

3. Doug Drake

Doug Drake Stunt Coordinator

Ryan - I'm not familiar enough with the PSB to say this for sure, but just looking at it on their site would lead me to say no, this would not be a good match for the long haul with the Klipsch's. There will be a difference in sound for many reasons, but especially because of the horn loaded Klipsch and the cone-loaded (?) PSB. I think you would not achieve the front soundstage you are looking for.

If you love the Klipsch sound, I'd go for those as your mains and sell the PSB for a Klipsch RC-3 center.

Doug

4. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

I echo what doug said, PSB has a much more laid back sound and Klipsch, well....they don't. I would get something that matches better, like say a Klipsch center channel.