What's new

What would cause a green hue on a HDTV? (1 Viewer)

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, my buddy has had his 53wx42 for a couple of months now and it has a greenish hugh to it. At first he thought it was his xbox(what he used for games and DVD). Recently he bought a cheap Panny DVD player, don't know the model number but its pro-scan and sells for $100.

Anyways this to has a green hugh. He has used both component inputs on the set and both have the same problem. The blacks have no detail, its all just a green hugh. Its terrible, I have a 51hx41 with CP72 and an xbox that I've had for over a year and a half and mine still looks 10x better in dark scenes in video games and DVD's than his.

He isn't into HT like some of us are here, he basically bought this set to be bigger than mine and have a wide-screen for bragging rights. But, as far as pq goes his is just plain terrible, but I think he's to embarrassed to say anything.

There is clearly a problem with his set, we have tried adjusting everything and nothing corrects the problem. What do you think the problem could be? Is it the grey scale is off and needs to be calibrated? It hasn't been calibrated correctly in the first place so I'm sure that could help, but would it solve the problem?

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Seems to me like a problem with your grayscale. Try changing the color temp: warm (low), normal (med), cool (high) and see what results you get.

Hugo

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Yes sounds like grayscale. Short of a pro calibration or eyeballing the grayscale ... change the colour temp to see if the green is alleviated.

Regards

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Hey thanks guys, I figured it was something like that. I will tell him to try the temp changes hopefully that will help, but I don't think it will totally solve the problem. I think he will need to get it calibrated.

I never had that problem with mine even before the calibration, but i guess every set is different out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks