What would be your 'dream job'?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron-P, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I'd love to open up my own micro-brewery/eatery. With a cigar lounge inside. It would also have a dedicated theater.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    That sounds awesome Ron.

I myself would love to have a coffehouse/bookstore/record store.

3. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

1. Independently Wealthy

2. Race car driver (Porsche, NASCAR, F1)

3. Bar/Pub owner

4. Find any job in my field in the Seattle area. It looks like I might have an easier time becoming a race car driver.

4. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    Be a Millionaire or just not have an obligation to go to a job. I hate the fact that when you work for someone, all you are doing is making them rich.
    Sure, some people will tell you, "If you find a job that you enjoy, you will never work a day in your life."
    I don't think that's true, at least in my case. I've had jobs that I enjoyed doing, but I always wanted to be doing what I wanted to do instead of what I was obligated to do. I mean wouldn't it be nice to not have to have a job? Think of the all the things you would be able to do but never could because you had to go to work. I've missed out on a lot of things due to having to go to work, but I guess that's life. Ok, enough complaining for now. [​IMG]

5. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I'd love to make a living from making quality low-budget movies and running the small studio.

Among the films I'd like to make would be an adaptation of Louis Sachar's "Wayside School" novels, a biopic about Buster Keaton, and a biopic about D.W. Griffith.

I'd like the studio to be able to house other facilities such as post-production, editing, storage, and even restoration work for other studios. Basically an all-in-one studio.

6. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

Ron's dream job sounds a lot like Norm's dream job on Cheers when he got a job as a beer taster!

I can't really think of a dream job I would like to have. One where I had no stress but made a crap load of money, I guess!

7. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I'd love to produce special edition dvds. Can you say The Ninth Configuration SE? How about a 2-disc special edition of Freaks? Or a super-deluxe boxed set of Kieslowski's Three Colors Trilogy... [​IMG]
    I'd also like to be Emmanuelle Beart's masseuse. Did you say lower, Emmy? [​IMG]

8. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

I'd like to be independently wealthy and have either a high-end restaurant/bar or a high-end audio/video store...or both! Perhaps I'd write (novels, stories, music or film reviews) in my spare time too.

9. Ches Campbell

Ches Campbell Stunt Coordinator

Own my own Home Audio/Car Stereo store, and have it be successful. That will be after I retire from being an Architect (which is really gonna be my job), my other dream job. I'll be livin a dream, maybe even two.

10. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I would love to be a successful musician/songwriter. Maybe write at least one great song and live off the royalties. Also to have my own recording studio in a wing of my mansion would be great too.

11. Scott_G

Scott_G Second Unit

Honesty ?
    I'd love to have plenty of money so I travel around doing missionary work. My "group" is constantly sending people out on building projects in places like :
    Guadalajara
    Jamaica
    Alaska
    Kenya
    China
    Czech Republic
    We also build habitat homes and have local stuff.
    I love to work outside and build things. Doing it for needy people would just make my day.
    I seem to be a slave to work and home.
    One day [​IMG]

12. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I'm with Travis. I really have no interest in working at all. I'm much rather be playing with my kids, watching movies, and traveling to film festivals.

I guess if I have to pick some kind of job it would be somehow related to movies, but not requiring a huge amount of travel or long hours. Maybe running an art house theater that does well enough that all I have to do is choose the movies that will play and have employees to handle operations and accounting. Or perhaps even better running a museum's film program, that way I really wouldn't have commercial pressures.

13. Tony_Faville

Tony_Faville Supporting Actor

Filthy, stinking rich.

But, I would be happy as an M.D. Now if I just had the time and the money to go to school.

14. DustinDavis

DustinDavis Stunt Coordinator

The stunt penis. [​IMG]
    No, right now I'd love to have an HT retail operation. It'd be great to make my money with HT instead of just spending it all!

15. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

My fantasy is to win 100mil on the lotto, move to the Central California coast around Pismo/Morro Bay/San Simeon, and open a smallish dvd-only rental place and breed Welsh Corgis.

I'm one of those people who needs something to occupy my time, could not be fabulously rich and not have some kinda "job".

My little dvd rental spot would no doubt lose money, but I'd be rich enough to absorb the loss and just have fun. It'd be a friendly neighborhood place, with a resident Corgi or 3 to assist in the operation. I'd have a sorta funky beach house with a nice but not pretentious or maintenance-intensive HT system.

More realistically, I have given serious thought to quitting the car repair business and going into HT sales, just don't know if I'd make enough money at it to pay my current financial obligations. I'm pretty good with people and thanks to HTF have pretty decent product knowledge. Don't know if I'd be able to handle the pressure of being required to sell extended warranties or overpriced cables and such.

16. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

My dream job is to be a movie critic. [​IMG]

17. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

Yeah, being a movie critic sounds like a great job, then again, we're ALL movie critics. We just don't get paid for it.

However, the BEST job in the world would have to be a "professional shopper" for the rich&famous. Imagine...getting paid $$$ to go shopping!!!