What's new

What would be the cheapest but decent speakers for casual home theater? (1 Viewer)

Myki Cantero

Stunt Coordinator
I'm selling my old Pioneer 510S AV Receiver to a friend. He's asking me what speakers we should get for him. He's not willing to spend much since he's not really into this hobby. Right now, he just uses the TV speakers to watch DVD movies. :)
"Not so much" would be less around US$100 to 200 for 5.1 speakers. I know it's almost impossible, but that's why I'm asking this forum... just in case :)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
dang i forgot htd.

come to think of it, htd would be the only choice. scratch the cambridge speakers!

even the klipsch 5.1 is still 300 bucks.

Myki Cantero

Stunt Coordinator
hmmmm. but if I recommend that one, then he will not buy my receiver anymore :)

how about cheap bookshelves? jamo? pioneer? and the like... even yamaha and jbl sells cheap speakers (the entry level line) but i don't know which one.

A

Anthony_Gomez

ubid.com has been auctioning off 5.1 klipsch sets for about $35 lately
I wish...If you are talking about the quintets, it is more like $39ea quintet speaker plus $15 shipping....so you end up paying $55x5 for the 5.0 set and still need a subwoofer.

...or am I missing something.?

Myki Cantero

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! These stuff fits the budget. The JBL satellites with the sub-woofer at harmanaudio.com seems like a good deal. I have listened to these before and it sounded very nice although a bit on the bright side. Hmmmmm.

But the HTD Level One at only $149 is a real deal!

I'll try convincing my friend maybe to just spend first on good fronts.... save money, and then get the surrounds.... save some more... then get a sub.

But if he wants all at the same time, then the HTD will do quite well.

Thanks for the info guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks