What's new

What would be a better choice? H&K or Denon (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Karmon Kardon AVR-125.

or

Denon AVR-982.

Im using this mostly for music. Im going to get a universal remote like a pronto later on.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Either one is a fine unit. Choose the model that has the feature set that best meets your needs.

Yogi

Screenwriter
The Denon has a more neutral sound compared to the HK which is quite warm and laid back sounding. So based on your listening preference you can choose either. Denon IMHO is better built than HK though.

Ozzie

Agent
I would go with the H/K. I had a simular situation not too long ago between the H/K 225 and the Denon 1804. I went with the H/K because it has a warmer, fuller sound for music. I matched the H/K with JBL studio series speakers and the sound is sweet. Many people on this forum are really high on Denon but my ears told me that H/K was the better choice. The H/K will also give you great sound for theater as well.
Give them both a hear and let us know what you decide on.

By the way, I prefer the layout of the H/K over the Denon. I have my receiver under a 42" plasma in my family room and cosmetically, the H/K is nicer IMO. Not the reason why I bought it but it sure does help. IMO H/K builds a quality unit with quality parts. The stated 65X2/55X5 power rating is hardly the case...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks