What's new

What woudl you get?: KH AVR-525 or Denon AVR-3803 (1 Viewer)

Bob Elliott

Agent
Which woudl you buy and why?

HK AVR-525 or Denon AVR-3803.

This is a big decision and I want to make the right choice. ANy advice is appreciated.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Actually neither I'd get the Rotel 1055 instead. The Rotel should sound cleaner esp for music, is upgradeable, has no fan noise issues, looks much better and has fantastic support both from Rotel and online fan clubs 'ike this one

David Ruggiero

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have the H/K Avr-525 and love it. I like Denon's too, just thought the H/K sounded a little better for music in my opinion. Also you can usually find the H/K cheaper then the Denon, so if money is a factor that is something to consider as well.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I looked at:

HK525
Denon 3803
Nad T752
Rotel Rsx 1055

I chose the RSx 1055 (but only becuse my wife let me bust the budget)

The Rotel is going to be more expensive than the others. If I had to stay with the less expensive ones I'd reate them this way:

Sound
1.NAD
2.HK
3.Denon

Features
1.Denon
2.HK
3.NAD

Quality (fan noice, heat reported problems appearance)
1. Denon
2. HK
3. NAD

Value (Price vs. features and performance)
1.NAD
2.HK
3.Denon

As mentioned above if you are in US and have access to online you can peobaly get the HK quite a bit cheaper. It all depends on what is most important to you. I would at least check out NAD. If you want to go HK or Denon I'd probaly go with HK especially if you can pocket a couple hundered $ to spend elsewhwere on speakers or DVD player etc.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I like NAD sounds as well but they've been plagued with quality control issues for a while now and are not longer as reliable as they once were...which is too bad really.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I have a Denon 3803, so you know my answer. For me, it was the 7 video inputs that did it for me, because I use all of them. Upconversion is a big plus too. So I am satisfied taking a slight quality loss (were are talking evry minimal, they are all great performers) to get all the features of the Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks