What's new

What will run Bose Lifestyle 25 Series II Powered Speaker System? (1 Viewer)

slohmeyer

Auditioning
Real Name
STEVE LOHMEYER
I have a Bose Lifestyle 25 Series II Powered Speaker System and it ran through a Bose Lifestyle Model 5 Music Center. The Bose Lifestyle Model 5 Music Center died - just won't come on any more. This was after I spent $100 for the Bose remote to get the dang thing to work. What can I use to run this thing in place of the Bose Lifestyle Model 5 Music Center? Maybe something with which the remote might even work? Everything is wired in the walls/ceiling, so we just want a new "head"/control?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
No easy answers, I'm afraid.

You could potentially use a standard AVR. However, you would have to make sure the cube speakers are 8-ohm (you can check with a common ohm meter). In addition, you’d have to get a standard subwoofer, as the Bose sub only has a proprietary multi-pin input.

Your best bet is probably to ebay a used Lifestyle Music Center as a replacement. However, there seems to be an inordinate amount of them for sale as “parts only,” which indicates that this unit is generally problematic. Thus, you might end up replacing it regularly. You might consider cutting your losses and next time go with something other than an “all in one” system, which will allow you to easily replace failed components.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
You would also have to make sure that the speakers have some sort of cross over built in so you do not destroy the tiny drivers. There is a chance the Bose system has the cross over internal and not in the small speakers. It is also possible the crossover is in the sub. Do the speakers get wired to the sub-woofer? You might want to just bite the bullet and replace the entire thing with a regular receiver and small speakers you can put up in the same place the Bose speakers where.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks