What will it be: PSP, or Nintendo DS?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by David Galindo, Sep 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

There's been a lot of info on the new wave of portables: the Sony Playstation Portable, or the Nintendo Duel Screen. Its actually the first time I wanted two handhelds.

Still, Im leaning towards the Nintendo DS, because it looks so much more interesting. I think Nintendo can do some really wonderful things with the technology. What system are you leaning towards?

Heres some info:

Nintendo DS- http://ds.ign.com/
    Sony PSP- http://psp.ign.com/

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

There seems to be a trend in the gaming world towards the idea of what you can do within a game rather than how good the game looks. For example, while the Splinter Cell games do look gorgeous, they keep trying to add new gameplay elements to the games that will either revolutionize or revitalize the gameplay and add to the experience.

I'm basically set on the DS. New gameplay concepts (regardless of their gimmick-like quality) seem to be the main focus on the unit. The graphics will be great and the games are sure to be fun.

The PSP I'm not completely sold on yet. Very high price, unknown battery life, and basically being a portable PS2 doesn't seem that enticing. In all honesty, I'd rather have a unique portable platform than a shrunk-down console, no matter how well it emulates the original unit. As of right now, there's a lot that Sony isn't talking about regarding the PSP (including the battery life and MP3 playback), so I'm not sure whether or not I want one.

3. Rakesh.S

Rakesh.S Second Unit

neither for me personally.....i just can't stand handhelds

and if i did want one,

a) i don't want to buy anything from nintendo after their "no online" policy

b) PSP is going to way too rich for my blood

4. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit