What's new

What will happen to Klipsch? (1 Viewer)

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
when the mass merchants become 65+ % of a mnfgrs buisness , as best buy will certainly be to Klipsch, they begin to dictate terms . They say "gee, we don't think that your models x and y fit into our price structure ; so either figure out how to make them cost us $40 and $60 less or we can't carry them"....The Klipsch guys (like polk in a similar situation) grab their ankles and say "yes sir, great idea sir!"...and thus goes quality audio...... :frowning:
Have recently seen the "made in mexico" sign on some of their products...Also doesn't bb own magnolia hi-fi? what is really going on...have heard rumors that since the old man died there has been some disagreements as to which direction to go in....not particularly impressed with what they were showing at ces.....is this the beginning of the end ? All vinyl...Spend money on new cabnitry, not new technology?
Any other thoughts?

CurtisC

Second Unit
Klipsch reference will only be sold at specialty shops,if you think the rf7's aren't quality you must have Wilson Grand Slams.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
To speak from another point of view; Tweeeter carried aprroximately 45% of Klipsch's business, they were their bggest retailer, they instad opted for good guys and Ultimate Electronics as their flag ship partners, albeit they sold less but sold more quality lines of product. KLipsch has decidedly made the statement that their higher quality products sold where audio is still a wonderful experience. Typically those 2 partners offer that more than any other large consumer electrnics store. Klipsch has lowerd the pricing on their reference line to a lower priced entry level bookshelf and seems to want to move their higher quality lines into more homes as well as expose themself to a wider audience(Best Buy) . Best buy carries their synergy line, who cares as it won't get much press, and most people that spend that much on audio tend to go to other avenues for their audio equipment. Magnolia Hi Fi(owned by Best Buy) was dropped by Klipsch and prevented from selling any of their products.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Who cares about the Synergy line of Klipsch speakers, cuz I sure don't. I love Klipsch, but I hate the Synergy's. I do however LOVE the Reference speakers, and own a system consisting of them. The reference speakers are some of the best available, and at extremely good prices. I've never seen them sold at a place like Best Buy or Future Shop, and I don't think they will ever be sold there.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
"If you think the rf7's aren't quality you must have Wilson Grand Slams."

Hehe.. If Klipsch and Wilson Audio can compete, it's like comparing the "brightest" day, with the darkest night. And I do mean BRIGHT.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
KLipsch has decidedly made the statement that their higher quality products sold where audio is still a wonderful experience. Typically those 2 partners offer that more than any other large consumer electrnics store. Klipsch has lowerd the pricing on their reference line to a lower priced entry level bookshelf *******
*******end quote**********
I think this statement is a little confusing ,like the strategy....they are cheapening the ref line by lowering price points and increasing the amount of money spent on cabinets, they are putting the synergy line in a retailer who is often unable to staff employees who can even manage a mediocre demo....Admittedly there are many mid-fi retail salespeople who are also less than adequate but I have always been able to hear a good comparitive demo at magnolia and tweeters, which is mostly all I'm looking for...at cc and bb, it is often hard to find someone who can even get the gear to work...how does this help anyone of their mnfgrs to be concedrned with comparitive quality?

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
They are not lowering the price on the existing reference line, they are introducing new products. The RF-7 and RF-5 remain unchanged, the RF-3II is being replaced by the RF-35, and the new RF-25 and RF-15 will be the entry-level products. The list on the RF-35 is $1000 /pair, $200 more than the RF-3 was.

I'm most interested in the new RB-7 bookshelf. and the new THX Ultra II setup is interesting, but probably overpriced.

They also have a new subwoofer line to replace the KSW line, but I'm unsure if these will be sold at Best Buy or not.

I'll save judgement until I hear the new speakers.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>IMO quality audio left Klipsch 20 years ago.>I was thinking the same thing, Rob.

Although it looks like it is only going to get worse.

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Jim,

I don't understand your point of discontention. You seem to believe the same things that Rob and I are stating. Aren't the Heritage lines based on Paul Klipsch's original designs from like 50 years ago, thus I am not including them. Although I have heard that even the build quality of those lines have lessened throughout the 80's and so on.

Buying Klipsch used to mean gaining a hand crafted speaker made from Arkansas Oak out of little Hope, AR.

Bill Polley

Second Unit
The heritage series were made up until about 10 yrs ago...In my mind the ForteII speakers are as good as any speaker ever made.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Jim,

I don't understand your point of discontention. You seem to believe the same things that Rob and I are stating. Aren't the Heritage lines based on Paul Klipsch's original designs from like 50 years ago, thus I am not including them. Although I have heard that even the build quality of those lines have lessened throughout the 80's and so on.>The heritage series were made up until about 10 yrs ago...In my mind the ForteII speakers are as good as any speaker ever made.

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
the RF-3II is being replaced by the RF-35, and the new RF-25 and RF-15 will be the entry-level products. The list on the RF-35 is $1000 /pair, $200 more than the RF-3 was
Interesting info, Bill! Can you please post a link to where you found this info? I searched Klipsch's website (including the forums) and got zero hits on "RF-35" or "RF-25."

Update--never mind, I found it...

Nick V

Second Unit
Klipsch Reference speakers are sold (in Canada atleast) at London Drugs. That's right, a drug store. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Corey_ Williams

Stunt Coordinator
I have read the previous post. They all seem to be negative. I only have two questions. Have any of you guys listened to the line of speakers that BB will carry? If so, what does these speaker lack in comparison to other current speakers from other companies & klipsch past speakers?

CurtisC

Second Unit
Yak all you want,my rf7's sound grrrrrreat,I don't care if they sell at K mart.I suppose if you have a crummy signal/processor you could make them sound bad.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Klipsch knows that their Synergy models are good compared to other "mass market" speakers and they'll sell well at Best Buy... the Reference and Heritage are something different. Their quality (that one's debatable) products are not going anywhere. This move is only going to make them more money... it may hurt their reputation among some people, but those people probably wouldn't be buying the products anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks