What will be the best sub $2500 HDTV next Christmas?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Grady Hollums, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

I am going to save up my money this Christmas and see if I can have enough money to buy a good 16x9 HDTV.
    Well, from what I have heard I think that Toshiba looks to be in the lead (mainly because Ron E made that decision, and I know he did lots of research), But I am willing to hear what all you people that are up with the latest technology think will be the best HDTV.
    I honestly don't know what I should be looking for in a 16x9 HDTV.
    Any really important features or things I should know about before I buy one?
    Is there a big difference between 50" and 47"?
    I really have the upgrade bug BAD right now and would probably buy a set that was 47" after this Christmas if I could get a good one for around $1500. Let me know, because I am totally basing my purchase on yalls opinions (that must be back up by fact and given to me in layman's terms, heh)
    Thank you all so much!! I have never spent this much money on anything I own except for my computer, so this is a VERY big purchase and I really want to make it the best one I can. Thank you all soooo much!
    ------------------
    In Him,
    GH
    My Home
    Theater

2. Grady Hollums

sorry double post accident.
    [Edited last by Grady Hollums on October 19, 2001 at 04:14 PM]

3. Grady Hollums

Ok...what about this Christmas for under $1500? Is there any?
    What about under $2000?
    Thanks again for your help!
    Can you tell that I am really wanting a 16x9 HDTV? heh.
    ------------------
    In Him,
    GH
    My Home
    Theater

4. Marc Alexander

Marc Alexander Stunt Coordinator

Next Xmas?
    Call Cleo... [​IMG]
    Sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't think anyone can see that far in the future. Perhaps I misunderstood you but I believe you meant next Xmas, not this Xmas.