What's new

What were you doing on Moon Day? (1 Viewer)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I was 10 years old in Greece at the time of the landing. I saw it on TV that was placed in the window of a cafe. Very cool.

For the 10th Anniversary I was at the AIr and Space Museum for a ceremony attended by the entire Apollo 11 crew. This year I returned to the museum for a book signing by Collins and Aldrin along with Alan Bean from Apollo 12. I had a great time.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
This is one of those events that everyone remembers what they were doing and where they were. Similiar to when you found out JFK was assassinated, when Challenger blew up, and 9/11. My parents still remember exactly what they were doing when they found out about JFK, and I remember watching the Challenger on TV.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I was key grip on the set... ooh that was uncalled for. I was 6 years old, not sure I cared much about anything at that age, but did get into all the space stuff as a teen. I even had a map of the moon on my wall, why i don't know...

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
That looks very much like it Mike, brings back memories it does. I knew where all the lunar maria and craters were, I was a strange kid. I remember Tycho being my favourite crater.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I was ten, gathered around the TV set with my family. I followed the Apollo program with such enthusiasm. I built all the models (wish I still had them ), collected many of the books published explaining Apollo tech and orbital mechanics (I was the only one I met who knew what a "free return trajectory" was, and I learned it during Apollo 8, not Apollo 13 like everybody else), and read every newspaper and magazine article about Apollo I could find.

Yeah, I was into it. Now I just watch my TiVo.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Jim_C ">[/url]

Me, too!

[/QUOTE]
Me three -- I too was still in utero, though not quite "floating" like BrianX, I was born two months later.

Back in school, a classmate once joked that our batch of kids, i.e. those born in 1969, appeared to be 'cursed' compared to batches before or after, whether because some scheme either started or ended to our detriment or whatever. We wondered if it was because The Powers That Be were not happy that the Moon was defiled by Man that year...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks