What's new

What website can I preview more than 30 secs of music? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I tried Amazon and Circuit City, but you can only preview 30 seconds. I’m interested in previewing (at least 60 secs) old titles from BB King, Jimmy Hendrix and various Blues artists. Any suggestions?

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
BMG music club lets you preview 60 seconds. And they generally let you preview all or most of an album's tracks.

Of course, you have to sign up to access their catalog (which may or may not have the album you're looking for).

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Sometimes the website of the artist will have some things (e.g. bbking.com). If you go into stores like Best Buy or Tower they have listening stations. At Besty Buy you can scan the CD bar code and listen to many things. With music pirating such a big issue, I think you'll find most places try to minimize the risk of having things downloaded for unathorized purposes.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Todd: Just 60 secs is what I'm looking for, I'll try BMG thanks!

Phil: Didn't think of the "Artist's Site", good call. My local Best Buy is next to the mall, so I avoid it like the plague!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks