What's new

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure, Thomas?

I thought they have been completely defunct for quite some time now

EDIT: There is a website claiming to be Columbia House but it sort of highlights a few clubs and I'm not even certain it's the same Columbia House Club of yesteryear. That might have been taken over by BMG.
I think the Columbia House name has been licensed out. So that must be the company sending me the e-mails. Here's a link to the current "Columbia House". https://www.columbiahouse.com/

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The uncut version without the fade out is one of those things I’d love to have. I don’t think that’s ever been on tape. I’d still take the alternate music though - by the time I started collecting Bond on VHS it was the version that’s been used on all other releases to this day.

These sites may help. If anything “this will
Keep you busy for the next few days.”

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
To this day I remain annoyed with Universal for not continuing the series with busts for The Invisible Man, The Mummy, The Phantom of the Opera (as well as failing to create a "Legacy Edition" with the silent and half-baked color remake), and The Creature. I, too, still have them on display. My oldest grandson (now 18) called them "Those men" when he was old enough to ask about them.

There was a bust for The Invisible Man. You just can't see it.

Movie Maven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
ed
In 1982 King Kong '33 VHS on the Nostalgia Merchant label for $49.99. Bought at Video Shack 50th St & Broadway Nyc . Took home and put it in my brand new RCA top loading VHS VCR which I bought at Trader Horn on E 86th St NYC for $599.99, it came with a wired pause control. The rest is history.

Guardyan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mattie
In 1982 King Kong '33 VHS on the Nostalgia Merchant label for $49.99. Bought at Video Shack 50th St & Broadway Nyc . Took home and put it in my brand new RCA top loading VHS VCR which I bought at Trader Horn on E 86th St NYC for $599.99, it came with a wired pause control. The rest is history.
Kinda off topic but - oh - how I wish I had experienced NYC in the 80s...

Drew Salzan

Second Unit
Pan and scan Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Gigi and High Society on VHS. It was a revelation to hear the first two in hifi stereo for the first time and watch them on my 16 inch Hitachi color tv when I was in Graduate School. We certainly have come a long way.

Mark Mayes

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Mayes
R (5).jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks